On call multi tasking question

cevag

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi First post here on WP forum.

I have been looking into wp for the past couple of days and I'm almost sold. The one thing that might stop me from getting this will be multi tasking while on a call.

Right now, I can be on a phone call and at the same time can go to my memo pad and my documents or anything else to be able to relay info to the person on the other end.

Can you muti task while on a call?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you can multi-task while on a call. A toast notification that says "tap to expand" will appear when you leave the dialing app. And for GSM devices you can be on a phone call and browsing the internet at the same time.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
First welcome to the WPCentral Forums

I was on a call this morning needed to send my address to the the person I was talking to so I look up the address using Bing search then emailed the information to the person all while talking to him on the phone. This was of course using AT&T's network being able to use data on a call this might not work on your network.

The answer to your question is yes there is no issue with multitasking during a call.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
If you are on GSM, you can use the cellular data network for the phone call and data at the same time. For a CDMA network, you cannot use the phone and data at same time (for 3G, but I think 4G/LTE will allow this). But, if you are on CDMA and connected to wi-fi, you CAN use the phone and data at the same time because data will be going through wi-fi.

cevag

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm with rogers, I was leaning for the lumia but jeez its hard to pick Samsung also has lots of great feed back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven