04-18-2013 11:48 AM
- I'm a big fan of WP7 and just got my Lumia 800.
But one thing dissapoints me, Zune!
Ok, here is my problem:
I have an audiobook with hundreds of tracks.
I load them all into the phone (in mp3 format).
They all have the same 'Album' and 'artist' tag.
Now I would like to create a playlist containing the ten first tracks of the book.
And, I want to do it on the phone (not on the computer). On my previous phone (Sony Ericsson) this was made in a few seconds. But with my WP7 I just can't seem to find a way.
I have also looked for alternative MP3 players on the market, but with no luck. The closest I got was Music Media Manager, with something called Custom Playlists. But the program crashes whenever I try to add a track to my custom playlist.
Is the support for playlists really this bad in WP7?
Regards Andreas03-30-2012 12:39 AM
- You can add them one by one as Figure 8 suggested, then go to now playing and save it as a playlist from there. Make sure there's no tracks there first, though, since there doesn't seem to be any way to remove tracks one by one from that view.
It's not good. Also, I always liked how nice the player looked in images before I got my phone, but it turns out that I'm stuck with a black background since Zune music isn't available in Sweden, and that means I don't get any artist images.03-30-2012 06:01 AM
- It is odd that you can't create playlist easily on a Windows Phone (DVP), but the software for the music comes from the Zune HD. Apparently, not all of it. With the Zune HD (still use it for the boxing fitness class I teach), I can create playlists with no problem.03-30-2012 11:11 AM
- 03-30-2012 11:43 AMLike 1
- Using Zune > itunes, but i agree the playlist creator on the phone is pretty bad. Very difficult for an average person to figure out how to make a playlist on the go.
Simply, pick a song that is on your history and play it. The song will play and you should look on the bottom of the detail box and there should be no songs, now you can go to your song list and add songs. Once you save the playlist, cant add anymore, if you dont save and just keep adding songs, then you can pretty much keep going on adding songs until you save playlist.
pretty bad system IMO, but overall experience on Zune has much easier than itunes.03-30-2012 11:51 AM
- There's nothing wrong with the playlist creation system on the phone, to clear the list. Pin the first track in the playlist to the start screen then from there add other tracks and then bring up the menu and select save as playlist,name the playlist and done. To add more songs select the playlist, add more songs hit save and then overwrite it.03-30-2012 12:30 PM
- In my opinion, this is not the worst of the problems, I am a huge fan of music and so far, all music players I found just disappointed me, not even have a basic equalizer and the songs when transferred to the cell are converted much of the time losing much quality, I am disappointed!04-18-2013 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD