So when is microsoft going to sue apple..

Siah1214

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
..for ripping off the lock screen?
Have you played with the camera unlock feature on iOS 5? Tap the camera icon and the lock screen bounces, just like on WP7. Further more, you swipe up and it opens up straight to the camera. I hope Microsoft has patented this and is going to sue the pants off of apple for it..but I doubt it.

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
..for ripping off the lock screen?
Have you played with the camera unlock feature on iOS 5? Tap the camera icon and the lock screen bounces, just like on WP7. Further more, you swipe up and it opens up straight to the camera. I hope Microsoft has patented this and is going to sue the pants off of apple for it..but I doubt it.

I'm going to patent creating silly threads and sue you. Then I am going to patent sitting in chairs and sue all of you.

slide-to-unlock.jpg

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I've always loved the bouncing lock screen. As small as the detail is, it's the touches like this that make WP.

I don't think I could despise Apple any further so I choose to ignore their existence.

Kahuna Cowboy

May 25, 2011
Visit site
It does not bounce, you slide it up but it does not bounce. Furthermore, I really don't think MS wants to go down that road with the company behind touch screen smartphones as we know them today. Especially when they have all kinds of patents in play as well as all the money in the world behind them.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
MS and Apple do, in fact, have a patent-sharing agreement in play. Not sure exactly how far it extends, but basically they leave each other alone and sue Android OEMs instead.

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
MS and Apple do, in fact, have a patent-sharing agreement in play. Not sure exactly how far it extends, but basically they leave each other alone and sue Android OEMs instead.

Kinda blanket statement. Microsoft came to the aid of HTC because google doesn't protect its partners. Patent sharing between Microsoft and apple makes sense since they both have quite a few patents in the mobile world.

Kahuna Cowboy

May 25, 2011
Visit site
If you're talking about WP7, then it most certainly does bounce. Try tapping on the screen, or using your capacitive buttons (Windows sign). You will see the lockscreen bounce.

As for Apple, I have seen this change too, though I believe they have a cross-licensing agreement, and thus neither will sue one another.

I was referring to the iPhone. The new camera slide from the lock screen swipes and does not bounce like WP7.

Siah1214

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I was referring to the iPhone. The new camera slide from the lock screen swipes and does not bounce like WP7.

As you can see from the video, it totally bounces. The patent sharing idea is interesting, I wonder if that's what's going on here. AFAIK Microsoft has the quick-access camera patented.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Kinda blanket statement. Microsoft came to the aid of HTC because google doesn't protect its partners. Patent sharing between Microsoft and apple makes sense since they both have quite a few patents in the mobile world.

Apple sues HTC, MS handles Samsung and LG. They're sharing extremely well! Also, this is why Google bought Motorola. For their huge patent portfolio.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
stupid paten wars , i freaking hate that,

if your a top 5 Electronique manifacture you should not be allowed to paten anything.

why you think apple did so good for so long with the *multy touch * paten , every other company had to re-invent multy touch hence comming out with it 2 years later...

ah well....

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
stupid paten wars , i freaking hate that,

if your a top 5 Electronique manifacture you should not be allowed to paten anything.

why you think apple did so good for so long with the *multy touch * paten , every other company had to re-invent multy touch hence comming out with it 2 years later...

ah well....

I'm surprised Apple never patented patent-suing. They'd be even richer, cuz EVERY smartphone on the planet would be an iPhone eventually.

Kahuna Cowboy

May 25, 2011
Visit site
So let me get this straight, if you "tap" the camera button (which does nothing to activate the camera or anything else for that matter) it raises a quarter of an inch and slightly "bounces" back down that is ripping off WP?

If you swipe the screen as required to access the camera app and you swipe slightly and let it go back down does it bounce like WP? No it does not, it slams back down.

AiR DEGETA

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I could be mistaken but Microsoft would never truely sue Apple for anything cause along with sharing acouple of Patents, from a tv report I saw a few years ago ALOT of Apple Tech Pre-Iphone AND Post-IPhone is built from Microsoft Patents filed in the 80's, 90's, etc. And they get a HUGE check every year from it, so why stop the Money Train. The reason that isn't mentioned so much cause MS isn't as stuck-up as Apple. But knowing that makes it funny when Apple fans bashes Microsoft LoL :D :D :D. And again I could be mistaken cause that report I saw was at least 4 years ago, plus the Fruity People probably had it buried LoL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05