Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By canesfan625
  • 2 Post By freestaterocker

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    ..for ripping off the lock screen?
    Have you played with the camera unlock feature on iOS 5? Tap the camera icon and the lock screen bounces, just like on WP7. Further more, you swipe up and it opens up straight to the camera. I hope Microsoft has patented this and is going to sue the pants off of apple for it..but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by siah1214 View Post
    ..for ripping off the lock screen?
    Have you played with the camera unlock feature on iOS 5? Tap the camera icon and the lock screen bounces, just like on WP7. Further more, you swipe up and it opens up straight to the camera. I hope Microsoft has patented this and is going to sue the pants off of apple for it..but I doubt it.
    I'm going to patent creating silly threads and sue you. Then I am going to patent sitting in chairs and sue all of you.

Mitlov likes this.

I've always loved the bouncing lock screen. As small as the detail is, it's the touches like this that make WP.

I don't think I could despise Apple any further so I choose to ignore their existence.
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"

It does not bounce, you slide it up but it does not bounce. Furthermore, I really don't think MS wants to go down that road with the company behind touch screen smartphones as we know them today. Especially when they have all kinds of patents in play as well as all the money in the world behind them.

Deleted.
    Last edited by Bearach; 07-09-2013 at 12:01 AM.
    MS and Apple do, in fact, have a patent-sharing agreement in play. Not sure exactly how far it extends, but basically they leave each other alone and sue Android OEMs instead.
    JPDVM2014 and mt1202 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canesfan625 View Post
    I'm going to patent creating silly threads and sue you. Then I am going to patent sitting in chairs and sue all of you.

Click to view quoted image
    I LOL'd!

Quote Originally Posted by freestaterocker View Post
    MS and Apple do, in fact, have a patent-sharing agreement in play. Not sure exactly how far it extends, but basically they leave each other alone and sue Android OEMs instead.

Kinda blanket statement. Microsoft came to the aid of HTC because google doesn't protect its partners. Patent sharing between Microsoft and apple makes sense since they both have quite a few patents in the mobile world.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearach View Post
    If you're talking about WP7, then it most certainly does bounce. Try tapping on the screen, or using your capacitive buttons (Windows sign). You will see the lockscreen bounce.

As for Apple, I have seen this change too, though I believe they have a cross-licensing agreement, and thus neither will sue one another.
    I was referring to the iPhone. The new camera slide from the lock screen swipes and does not bounce like WP7.

Deleted.
    Last edited by Bearach; 07-08-2013 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Apologising for mistake in previous post.

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Cowboy View Post
    I was referring to the iPhone. The new camera slide from the lock screen swipes and does not bounce like WP7.
    As you can see from the video, it totally bounces. The patent sharing idea is interesting, I wonder if that's what's going on here. AFAIK Microsoft has the quick-access camera patented.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canesfan625 View Post
    Kinda blanket statement. Microsoft came to the aid of HTC because google doesn't protect its partners. Patent sharing between Microsoft and apple makes sense since they both have quite a few patents in the mobile world.
    Apple sues HTC, MS handles Samsung and LG. They're sharing extremely well! Also, this is why Google bought Motorola. For their huge patent portfolio.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    stupid paten wars , i freaking hate that,

if your a top 5 Electronique manifacture you should not be allowed to paten anything.

why you think apple did so good for so long with the *multy touch * paten , every other company had to re-invent multy touch hence comming out with it 2 years later...

ah well....
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Quote Originally Posted by Se1fcr3ation View Post
    stupid paten wars , i freaking hate that,

if your a top 5 Electronique manifacture you should not be allowed to paten anything.

why you think apple did so good for so long with the *multy touch * paten , every other company had to re-invent multy touch hence comming out with it 2 years later...

ah well....
    I'm surprised Apple never patented patent-suing. They'd be even richer, cuz EVERY smartphone on the planet would be an iPhone eventually.

I own an iPhone 4S and a Titan, I assure you all, it does not bounce like WP.

Deleted.
    Last edited by Bearach; 07-08-2013 at 11:39 PM.

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Cowboy View Post
    I own an iPhone 4S and a Titan, I assure you all, it does not bounce like WP.
    Tap the camera button. Just tap it, and you'll see.

So let me get this straight, if you "tap" the camera button (which does nothing to activate the camera or anything else for that matter) it raises a quarter of an inch and slightly "bounces" back down that is ripping off WP?

If you swipe the screen as required to access the camera app and you swipe slightly and let it go back down does it bounce like WP? No it does not, it slams back down.

Deleted.
    Last edited by Bearach; 07-08-2013 at 11:34 PM.

I could be mistaken but Microsoft would never truely sue Apple for anything cause along with sharing acouple of Patents, from a tv report I saw a few years ago ALOT of Apple Tech Pre-Iphone AND Post-IPhone is built from Microsoft Patents filed in the 80's, 90's, etc. And they get a HUGE check every year from it, so why stop the Money Train. The reason that isn't mentioned so much cause MS isn't as stuck-up as Apple. But knowing that makes it funny when Apple fans bashes Microsoft LoL :D :D :D. And again I could be mistaken cause that report I saw was at least 4 years ago, plus the Fruity People probably had it buried LoL.

Yeah, I don't think MS is going to sue Apple. Apple MIGHT try to sue MS but not any time soon. Microsoft has been making Smartphones a lot longer than Apple. They also file more patents and have a MUCH larger patent portfolio. Being in similar businesses there's a real good chance that MS could find something that Apple infringes on. Apple has a lot more to lose in that sort of skirmish than Microsoft does. They aren't going to risk it unless WP starts eating their marketshare.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freestaterocker View Post
    omg I laughed so hard when I read this
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    Yeah, MS and Apple haven't gone to court in a very very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiann View Post
    Yeah, I don't think MS is going to sue Apple. Apple MIGHT try to sue MS but not any time soon. Microsoft has been making Smartphones a lot longer than Apple. They also file more patents and have a MUCH larger patent portfolio. Being in similar businesses there's a real good chance that MS could find something that Apple infringes on. Apple has a lot more to lose in that sort of skirmish than Microsoft does. They aren't going to risk it unless WP starts eating their marketshare.
    What, pray-tell, would Apple be able to sue MSFT over? I swear half of Apples patents would never actually hold up in court.