Problem with Chatting on Facebook

jswantek

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Usually I text my wife through her facebook account from my phone, Samsung Focus running WP7.5. Problem started last Thursday, where she would get my message in a chat window, but on her end, using a laptop, she would go to reply and FB would tell her I was offline. I was still online and sending messages, but they were going to her message inbox, not chat, where they have been. We've tried the following:

Logging out of all accounts everywhere
Deleting/Refriending each other on FB
Deleting/Recreating FB account on phone
Different browers (IE and Firefox)
Different computers
Using phone over air and on wifi

Still, no ideas. Anyone have any thoughts?

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
This happens on and off. Not sure what causes it but sometimes you can fix it by setting chat status to offline and then online again. I have noticed that facebook doesn't handle multiple points of presence well if you have the phone logged into FB and say a PC logged in too.

thejesusegg

Jan 22, 2008
Visit site
I know the other day I had to reauthorize Facebook and Windows Live because some permissions changed. Might want to log into Live and look at Facebook under your connected services.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

Ivan006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I know the other day I had to reauthorize Facebook and Windows Live because some permissions changed. Might want to log into Live and look at Facebook under your connected services.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

I'm still having the same issues as everyone else. I've been dealing with this for weeks now.
I've signed out of Facebook on my phone and tried just going online with my MSN account, and I still keep getting the message "Can't connect to see who's online" or "Cannot connect to chat" in the built-in Messaging app. I think there's something wrong on MS end of this and not so much the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3