htc radar vs lumia 710

mjgates

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I bought a lumia 710 a month ago and am now sold on windows phones. Now I want to get one for my wife. I have 2 options with t-mobile. Radar and lumia. From what I cab see the lumia has a better processor while the radar a front facing camera and a slightly larger screen. Anyone have experience with both of these phones and could tell me if one is better than the other. I'm month to month and the radar is slightly more on eBay.

leftspeaker2000

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Lumia 710 hands down. The lumia is .1 of an inch smaller and has 40% more CPU power for pretty much the same price and a removable battery. The radar is a gen 1.5 phone and there for you are future proofing your self with the Lumia as it has more potential to get WP8 and lets face it no one uses a front facing camera. I use my dads lumia710 a fair bit and its a very nice device and its a more attactive optionfor a woman.

mjgates

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
thanks. I was aiming toward the lumia because of the processor and I like mine. Also a little cheaper. I don't see a use for a front facing camera either.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I prefer the Radar, has the same processor as the Lumia only clocked lower for better battery life. Not sure how that makes it a 1.5 gen phone, or make it any less likely to get WP8. Camera is good, build quality is better than the Nokia and the capacitive buttons are easier for me.

freshairr

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I prefer the Radar, has the same processor as the Lumia only clocked lower for better battery life. Not sure how that makes it a 1.5 gen phone, or make it any less likely to get WP8. Camera is good, build quality is better than the Nokia and the capacitive buttons are easier for me.

+1 for the Radar as well.

I prefer the single-cut aluminum shell of the Radar to the Lumia 710.

Capacitive buttons > physical

The battery is also bigger in the Radar

And to the gentleman above, the Radar is actually thinner than the 710.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I really don't like the feel of the physical buttons on the Lumia 710. Actually, in general it didn't exude either the style or the refinement I expected. So I'd go with the Radar.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
The radar does have the larger battery out of the box, but the 710 can accommodate the 1500mah battery from the Nokia 603, which I believe was a Symbian device. (could've been Meego)

mjgates

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I went with the Radar. I figure I already have the Lumia, and with nearly identical reviews from most comparisons, I figure why not try them both. Not to mention I found a good deal on ebay which put it right at the Lumia price. Thanks for all the advise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss