She's going with the Iphone 4s.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I posted a couple weeks ago how my wife had decided to get the HTC Titan. We got them. Its all good for about a day then the problems began. Dropping calls. Unable to make calls. Even after getting a MicroCell, the calls continued to drop. She's had enough. Then she read about the updates that would NOT be coming to the Titan and that was enough for her to go a different route.

Now, the reasons I posted this is not for sympathy but failing to update a handset seems to say to her they are not interested in supporting her. Her sister left Sprint as well for AT&T and it didn't help matters to know she dropped her Windows Phone for the same support reason to go with the iphone. I'll stay with Windows phone but not my Titan as it does have some issues. It won't get updated to fix things I know are broken, like the keyboard. But I need the support after the sale. Barring that, I get an iphone too and wait on Windows Phone 8.

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
If I were you I would download the update with the CAB installer. It is simple and easy to do. I did it on mine and my Focus Flash is even better. Which is really good considering this is my favorite phone ever. I wish that AT&T would have sent out the update but I think they chose not to because it so close to Tango and Apollo coming out. Apollo will be mandatory and the carriers can't choose to not do it.
Friends don't let friends iPhone.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
8107 and other updates will all be rolled into Tango. That's simply the way AT&T wants to do it. It takes a bit longer but at least the updates are coming.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Next time get a Samsung or Nokia

HTC has had nothing but problems with WP.

and its to bad that she gave up on WP after only 2 weeks when most of her issues will be fixed in a couple more weeks.

hope to have you both back one day :)

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Ill just tell you that I had HTC devices for more than 8 years straight. I was the ultimate HTC fan boy but after my experiences with the Arrive and Titan I'm done with HTC for a while. Never say Never

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
ive never had a problem with my htc's.... really. my hd7 was flawless ,as is my htc trophy... havent had a titan, but samsung has its flaws too... actually all phones have flaws. the worst phone i ever owned was a samsung, especially when it comes to updates. i wouldt say its htc's fault, only because my trophy and hd7 worked perfectly.

mattpga

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
well it really shows you need to pick the right carrier. I have the HTC bugs and am still waiting for the 8107 update on Orange UK (still on 7740). They are the only UK network who havent released it and have 'no information' aboout when they will. No customer support, and their WP7 app has been broken for months.

I don't want to switch to Android, so i need to change carriers and manufacturers to one thats going to bother supporting it and me. So the choices are Nokia or Nokia.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Ill just tell you that I had HTC devices for more than 8 years straight. I was the ultimate HTC fan boy but after my experiences with the Arrive and Titan I'm done with HTC for a while. Never say Never

LOL! same here i use to be a HUGE HTC fan boy!!! ..

HTC touch , HTC diamond , HTC duel , HTC PRO , HTC Diamond 2 , HTC surround , HD7 ..

was having problems and not liking the HD7 and Surround ( had them both with in 1 months lol )

but now im SOLD on Samsung!!!! lol and aside from the one or 2 random re-boots in the last 10months Ive had NO problem...

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
HTC is generally the best at delivering updates, Samsung the worst. Ask any Android user. This is a problem with carriers, that is hurting WP along the way.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
To the op, at least your wife gave it a try. That's more than a lot of people have done. Hope she enjoys her iPhone, it's a pretty solid device.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

Welve

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

Same way I feel about Samsung, I have also been an HTC guy for a long while

HTC Shadow > HTC G1 > Samsung Galaxy S > HTC HD7

UGH! The Galaxy S was hands down the worst phone I have ever owned, it really took the cake for being bad. You have a good attitude though, I said never again to Samsung, so I might have to put them back on the "maybe" pile!

As of the OP, I can understand that, it is a shame that she got turned off to the OS!

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
LOL! same here i use to be a HUGE HTC fan boy!!! ..

HTC touch , HTC diamond , HTC duel , HTC PRO , HTC Diamond 2 , HTC surround , HD7 ..

was having problems and not liking the HD7 and Surround ( had them both with in 1 months lol )

but now im SOLD on Samsung!!!! lol and aside from the one or 2 random re-boots in the last 10months Ive had NO problem...

dual not duel unless you are going to fight yourself!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Oh oh. In just a few days before launch, she finds she doesn't want to change the OS's after all. While we wait until the logistics of changing phones gets done, she continues to use her Titan and falling in love with the OS. Unbeknownst to me BTW. Then we went into a AT&T store and to look at the Iphone and she realized she's hooked on Metro look and the feel of Windows phone and doesn't want to change. So like me, she's gonna get the Nokia 900.

Can I get a what-what?? Doing jazz hands.

ryouzaki

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Oh oh. In just a few days before launch, she finds she doesn't want to change the OS's after all. While we wait until the logistics of changing phones gets done, she continues to use her Titan and falling in love with the OS. Unbeknownst to me BTW. Then we went into a AT&T store and to look at the Iphone and she realized she's hooked on Metro look and the feel of Windows phone and doesn't want to change. So like me, she's gonna get the Nokia 900.

Can I get a what-what?? Doing jazz hands.

lol, good 4 u both. with regards to style and intuitiveness, wp7 wins hands down. :)

glad u'r sticking around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99