Do I need an Xbox to enjoy the Xbox LIVE games on WP7?

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I've got a Lumia 900 on pre-order (my first WP7 phone) and I'm looking forward to it.

I tried searching the forms and didn't find a precise answer to my questions...maybe you can help? :happy:

The Xbox LIVE games for WP7 look like some of the best titles on the Marketplace, but I am only a very casual gamer, I have no Xbox and no interest in getting one..

My question is, is it still worthwhile for me to download Xbox LIVE titles for my phone? I don't really want to pay for a subscription, or miss out on a lot of important features to the games just because I don't own an xBox..

Is it possible just to download these games and play them like any other game on a phone without getting involved with any of the Xbox stuff and not be missing out on important features?

Thanks in advance... unfortunately Microsoft's website doesn't seem to be very clear about it.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
no you dont need an xbox. but i would at least set up an xbox live silver subscription (free) so that you can enjoy your achievements, and chat with friends via xbox messenger. and absolutley DL as many xbox live titles as you want, some of the best games on the platform are xbox live titles

edit, also that way you can create an avatar as well, and view him on your phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb