The Good about MS & Apple and Bad for Android

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed over the past 2 years of the windows phone launch that there really is a big advantage with MS and Apple over Android that is .
If you think about it the Samsung Focus was the first WP to be launched and after almost 2 years the phone is still very good.
I think this is an advantage with MS and Apple since both companies release new phones when the old phones are still good phones in the market.
With this you will get many hand me downs, so when someone purchases the newsest WP or Apple they can give thieir old phone to someone, this happens alot . and now they have a good phone. and this could be good for WP if they release more phones so the power users will keep giving phones away to family and friends and the eco system will grow.
This is not the case for Android.
Just take alook at androids first phone. after 6 monts to a year the phone gets slow and slugish and is not usable and you would not feel good about giving that phone to a friend.
Plus No OS Upgrades .. I think this is soo wrong that they really are not focused on us end users ..

Do you agree with me ..
I know I have had 3 windows phones in the past year and a half and I have handed all of the old ones to firends but they are still good phones ..
Samsung Foucs
Dell Venue Pro and now
the Samsung Focus S since I have the Lumia 900 only to support Nokia for standing up and pushing Windows Phone to the masses since Samsung, HTC and LG only advertise for Android..

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what you're really saying here. I've only been on Android and I go through 3-5 phones a year. I sell my phones to users that are still using them today. To your question, no, I don't agree with you. Sure, there are probably some Android phones that don't last, but thats the same with cars too. Not all have longevity.
Your observation is quite a stretch and doesn't really have any legs to stand on. It sounds like you just don't like Android.

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what you're really saying here. I've only been on Android and I go through 3-5 phones a year. I sell my phones to users that are still using them today. To your question, no, I don't agree with you. Sure, there are probably some Android phones that don't last, but thats the same with cars too. Not all have longevity.
Your observation is quite a stretch and doesn't really have any legs to stand on. It sounds like you just don't like Android.

I think i understand what he is saying. Some android phones do get sluggish with more use. It can be more noticable on custom roms. If he is talking in terms of updates for not lasting then that's a fair assessment..

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I understand what they are trying to say, but a lot of times, it how its said. Thus is very generic and as written, just gives all Android devices a bad name and its just not true.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes