Battery not Charging to 100%?

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I've had both the Lumia 900 and the HTC Titan II and it seems like some of the time when I put it on the AC charger it won't fully to 100%. Is this a problem with the 8112 OS version? Because my Samsung Focus Flash or Focus S have never had this problem. Thanks.

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Does it show 98% or so when you take it off the charger? If so then this is the battery-management system doing it. It's more like the battery-management code in a laptop, where once it's charged it runs off the battery until it's depleted a few percent then charges back up again. This is better on the battery than keeping it topped all the way up all the time, and neither of the 900 or T2 have replaceable batteries...

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Does it show 98% or so when you take it off the charger? If so then this is the battery-management system doing it. It's more like the battery-management code in a laptop, where once it's charged it runs off the battery until it's depleted a few percent then charges back up again. This is better on the battery than keeping it topped all the way up all the time, and neither of the 900 or T2 have replaceable batteries...
Exactly. I have the homebrew Battery Meter app and reviewing an overnight charge, you can see the the battery tops at 100% then trickles down to 98-99%, then back to 100% ten minutes later. Did this the whole time it was on the charger. Very normal, and better for the battery.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

drdumasss

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi i have a Htc Titan 2 and I recently have been experiencing problems with charging. The phone only charges to about 65% even if i leave it on the whole night. anyone experience this before?? the light never turns to green as indication for a full charge. it just stays red. even hours of charging like overnight. One thing though is that my wife was using this phone overseas in europe for a couple of months and used an lg charger from over there that had the same micro usb plug. You guys think she could of damaged the battery with that other charger, or could it be any software related issues? Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Tony

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem.
Did you find solution?
Thanks

The solution was stated above, several times. It's NORMAL for the battery to be used 1-2%, then charge back up. It helps with the overall lifespan of the battery. And really, does starting the day off at 98% instead of 100% really make a difference.

Richard Marx

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Only charging to 65% and the red light never changing to green is a different problem than the battery charging manager cycle. A bad charger, charger cord, or bad battery are the usual culprits.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb