CANADA: Thinking of starting an online petition for Bell to bring WP7 to their networ

unity04

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure many Canadians are as frusturated as I am to see no love for Windows Phone up North here. Aside from the Lumia 900 (which hasn't received a lot of marketing as of yet in Canada), there isn't much support and marketing being done for Windows Phone devices, and Bell (the provider I'm on), has pulled all of their Windows Phone devices from their line up. It seems that carriers are focusing more on Android and BlackBerry, which is shame because Mango is an extremely fast and powerful operating system that I want to use- but there's no devices for me to use it on. The options that I have: i. Buy it unlocked (if you're like me, you'd rather have a legit device on a network that will give you mobile support if needed since you bought the phone from them), ii. cancel my contract with Bell and sign with Rogers to get the Lumia 900. I've read a few posts on this site where the CEO of Bell has been quoted for saying he doesn't see a future for WP7 on Bell, and it's a shame.

Do you think it would be a good idea to start a petition to get Windows Phone devices on the Bell network? It doesn't have to be only about Bell, but to get more attention from Microsoft drawn to Canada.

MrBacon42

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I would support the balls off this petiton. I don't want to switch off of Bell because my plan is too good, but i really want a windows phone. Right now I'm looking to just unlock the L900 from rogers.

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
If you're going to buy it from Rogers, you might want to do it soon. Nokia has extended the $100 off to Canadian customers as well, provided it was purchased before the update. (I think that's the 16th)

Ivan006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I would support it, but it's Bell. They won't change cause they seem stuck in their ways. I have a LG Quantum on Bell, and I haven't seen a new WP7 since....that was in Dec 2011. :mad: I say let it go. Bell's looking for numbers, mainly money.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven