Overlooked cool feature of WP7...

elvisff

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen anybody mention to new users that you have the ability, through live.com, to locate, ring, lock, and even erase your registered phones remotely for no additional cost.

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
You can do that at live.com also? I only knew the one at WindowsPhone.com. The ringing is indeed handy. I have not used it, but I've had many, many people ask me to call their phones because they had lost/misplaced them. Locating and locking are really nice if/when you cannot find them nearby. And, of course, erasing, when it's gone.

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Other platform makes a big deal out of the ability to do this. But some platforms need additipnal software or apps. We have it out of the box :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
You can do that at live.com also? I only knew the one at WindowsPhone.com. The ringing is indeed handy. I have not used it, but I've had many, many people ask me to call their phones because they had lost/misplaced them. Locating and locking are really nice if/when you cannot find them nearby. And, of course, erasing, when it's gone.

It is the same thing...just at LIVE.com you have to go "Mobile" or "Devices" and select [Phone Name]. WindowsPhone.com is a short cut that bypasses those steps.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes and I'm glad it's FREE. I remember using this one time when my boyfriend couldn't find his Focus. We found it under his car seat (no it didn't say that in detail) but I noticed that whenever I try to locate it, the phone was at our address or his work address.

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes and I'm glad it's FREE. I remember using this one time when my boyfriend couldn't find his Focus. We found it under his car seat (no it didn't say that in detail) but I noticed that whenever I try to locate it, the phone was at our address or his work address.

Haha, very nice!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven