Manage Facebook Page?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Just got my wife a Lumia 900 and the first thing she wanted to do was post something to her Facebook Page (not her personal Facebook Account, but to her fan page) like she could with the iPhone app - see here: Manage Your Facebook Page From The Updated iPhone App

Is this at all possible with Windows Phone? I sure hope so because if not she's going to not be happy.

Worst case... touch.facebook.com gives you the mobile app experience of an iPhone from any browser. I have never made a Fan Page though so I have no idea how that works...

Last edited:

evilrobot

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! I told her to use touch.facebook.com since I want to brainwash her from anything iPhone :) I tried it out and it will let you post to your fan page from it - you are a lifesaver!

Hopefully these good sales for the Lumia will convice FB to make a first party app instead of MS having to make it.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I told her to use touch.facebook.com since I want to brainwash her from anything iPhone :) I tried it out and it will let you post to your fan page from it - you are a lifesaver!

Hopefully these good sales for the Lumia will convice FB to make a first party app instead of MS having to make it.

Good call! haha Edited my post.

I am working to convert my wife too and she is the manager of a small business and trying to tweet from her iPhone (today's specials with a pic) and I was trying to tell her how much easier that was from mine. I have her eyeing the 900, although she is 2 months from an upgrade.

evilrobot

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Good call! haha Edited my post.

I am working to convert my wife too and she is the manager of a small business and trying to tweet from her iPhone (today's specials with a pic) and I was trying to tell her how much easier that was from mine. I have her eyeing the 900, although she is 2 months from an upgrade.
Nice! We were four months out on an upgrade for her, but once I learned about the $100 credit I bit the bullet and paid the $450 for one out of contract (ouch!).

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Select photo from album. Press three dots in bottom right corner. Select Share on Facebook. You have to put your facebook account onto the phone first though. Do that in settings > "email+accounts".

Clement Leemans

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
It's not an issue to share something from my windows phone on my facebook page (personal account), but what do I need to do if I want it directly to go to my facebook fan page (which I use as my business page) ? Can anyone help me there ?

cafodima

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Same here...Wife has a Facebook page she'd like to get to her messages on her 900, school has her facebook page blocked....any apps that can do this??:unhappysweat:

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I agree, we need to be able to post photos to business/fan pages. The only workaround I have found is to link your FB to Twitter, then post on Twitter under your business account. I just checked the fB app on my wife's iphone and yes, you can post both updates and photos to pages.

No offense intended, but the OP and several others are talking about Facebook PAGES, not your personal page. If you are not administering a page, you may not know the difference, but it is a significant omission in WP.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Same here...Wife has a Facebook page she'd like to get to her messages on her 900, school has her facebook page blocked....any apps that can do this??:unhappysweat:

Are you asking for apps to check her fan page messages on her phone? The browser doesn't work? (touch.facebook.com)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven