What's an ideal size phone for you?

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Probably a 4.5" version of the Titan (same bezel proportions etc). I love my Titans size though. It's a hard call to make. I think a Note sized device would be a little too big for my tastes.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I think the note is more for people on the go constantly and want more screen real estate for books, movies, and document editing. I can't see that being practical for normal folks. I that 2 inches smaller than a small galaxy tab. Yeah, make a call with that huge thing on your ear.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i think 4.3 would be the perfect size. I had a Focus and Titan side by side and the Focus was just a tad too small, the Titan is just a tad too big...4.3 and possibly 4.5 would be just right. But I want to start seeing screens with little to no bezel. You could EASILY get a 4.5 screen in the 900 chassis.

If Verizon would get off their arse they could release a 4.5 Lumia 910 with a 12mp cam and LTE in red and it would be a chart topper. Conversely, I think they could fit a 4" screen in the 800, **** maybe even back in LTE. No need to wait until WP8.

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I like the size of my Trophy, but I need to wait until upgrade time to see what is available. I am not opposed to a bigger phone, provided it is comfortable to hold, and fits in my pocket.

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
The Titan is still comfortable enough for me to hold in one hand. It's not comfortable to operate single handed but I could definitely hold it and I'm a small 5' 3" person. I think the ideal size for me would be 5". Maybe a Note might work. We'll see.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I like the Trophy, I think it's 3.7". I looked at the Lumia and the Titan 2 and they were bigger than I would have wanted.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
i think 4.3 would be the perfect size. I had a Focus and Titan side by side and the Focus was just a tad too small, the Titan is just a tad too big...4.3 and possibly 4.5 would be just right. But I want to start seeing screens with little to no bezel. You could EASILY get a 4.5 screen in the 900 chassis.

If Verizon would get off their arse they could release a 4.5 Lumia 910 with a 12mp cam and LTE in red and it would be a chart topper. Conversely, I think they could fit a 4" screen in the 800, **** maybe even back in LTE. No need to wait until WP8.

I agree. When I had an iPhone I thought that I wanted a 4" screen, because I thought 4.3" would be too large. Then I got a Dell Venue Pro, and that had a 4.1" screen and it was fine. Then after that I got an HTC Titan and the 4.7" screen wasn't as big as I thought it would be. But it's still a little too big, when typing on my Titan and DVP back to back, the 4.7" screen makes me feel like I'm reaching a little too much, while the 4.1" screen feels a tiny bit cramped. So based on that, I'd say a 4.3-4.5" screen would be perfect.

mrkalel

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
IMO ~4" is perfect. Squeeze that into something roughly the size of an iPhone = Money. My perfect overall Smartphone design ever is my Pre 3.
Fits beautifully in the hand & KB is wonderful. If only they made the screen a tad bit bigger it would've been even better.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
For me a 4.5" screen is perfect. A screen larger than 4.5 becomes too bothersome to use for me.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
One thing I never got is how any phone these days can be considered too heavy. It's not like you have to be fit to hold a bulky phone. Samsung is making alot slim phones and people tend to compare other phones to them. I could understand if it was ridiculously sized.

DanielCeleste

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
It Depends on Hand SIXE

It depends on the size of the user's hand. 3.5" seems to be the "one size fits all" solution, but for those with larger hands like mine, 3.8" is still suitable. I still have trouble trying to reach accross the screen, or reaching up to lock my HD7.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I used to think 3.5 was ok until I got a 4.5. Then I realized my typos and video experience was affected. So 4.3 is ideal for me. It also depends on which was the manufacturer expands the screen. If they make it narrow then there is better one hand typing. If it's a bit wider then one hand typing is affected. With the Lumia I find I like typing in landscape for longer messages like this one. The flat edges make it fit just right in my hands.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss