Costco returning their 900's

Phen0m24

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
So you all wore me down. ;) I was in CostCo today, and saw the 900 was on sale for $69.99. Hey, with the $100 credit, they are paying me to try the phone... So, I cautiously approach, the guy recognized me, set up the plan (I thought text was mandatory!!!) and I went to the counter. Units not for sale. Wha???

They figure it's a fat finger issue, walk me back to the cage, pull out the phone, wireless kiosk sets it up for me, comes back to register by cage - where the manager is shaking his head no. He said the 900's have been designated to be returned. Wireless guy says its maybe the data or battery problem. What the?

So I went through all the steps to come home....empty handed.

They may get more in this week. Hopefully. $69.99 is a great price - if CostCo will sell them to you.

Peace

Glenn

Jared DiPane

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
OH man! Would have been a sweet deal if you could have landed that one.

Hopefully they are just pulling them back to get them an updated batch instead.

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Amazon has them for $49.99. Even sweeter and it's only 2 day shipping. If you're going to wait until next week anyways, why don't you just get it online?

Phen0m24

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Costco lets you exchange the phone for 90 days, gives you a free extra charger and case. I thought the Target deal was upgrades only, and last time I checked Amazon was out of stock... :(

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty comical that Nokia, the premier OEM for WP7, has had more issues with their devices - across more devices - than any other OEM building WP7 devices. And it's a bit of a shame, as well.

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty comical that Nokia, the premier OEM for WP7, has had more issues with their devices - across more devices - than any other OEM building WP7 devices. And it's a bit of a shame, as well.

Selective memory. My Focus had glitches. Both my iPhones had glitches. I'm pretty sure that just about every smartphone ever had some glitches. Some were just more noticeable than others.

As for selective memory, I totally forgot my HTC 8525.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

But at least the address them in a timely manner, unlike HTC with the TITAN voice quality issue.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site

My original iPhone would not charge to 100% and was replaced within the first week I got it. My iPhone 3G the sleep/wake button on the top sunk into the body of the phone and was replaced. My first iPhone 4 would not connect to the data network and was replaced. The second iPhone 4 the home button stopped working and was replaced.

My Nokia Lumia 900 had a data connectivity issue and was fixed with a software update AND they gave me $100.

Oh and each of those trips to the Apple Store were 50 mile drives round trip. Apple never offered to pay me for the gas.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99