Windows Phone is the model home where "the faucets and light switches don't work"

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Wow, what has Microsoft done? The ****** fury in response to what is intended as constructive criticism is incredible. There are real, demonstrable shortcomings being pointed out, and instead of talking about them you guys launch into screeds that probably serve to drive people away from the platform instead of encouraging thoughtful discussion. And you call me the troll? As I said, I'm platform agnostic--my present phone is Android, with an iphone 4, a Palm Pre, and a couple WM phones in a drawer. I'm more than willing, in fact, excited to buy a WP phone, but there are real, tangible reasons not to.

But, here, in public, I promise to buy a Lumia if one ever hits Verizon. As I said, hold me to it. Or would you rather scream bitterly about people pointing out the shortcomings of WP?

The problem with your thread is that it's NOT original. It's a regurgitation of things that are CURRENTLY being discussed in several other threads. You could have easily of posted your gripes in one of those.

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I just saw this over on the 900 good/bad thread, and it's **** like this that's baffling and indefensible

"There is not a separate volume for headset and speaker. It is one of the things the OS is missing."

Are you kidding me??

yes...

This and many other hilarious basic missing functions that people on here lose it if you point out.

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Wow, what has Microsoft done? The ****** fury in response to what is intended as constructive criticism is incredible. There are real, demonstrable shortcomings being pointed out, and instead of talking about them you guys launch into screeds that probably serve to drive people away from the platform instead of encouraging thoughtful discussion. And you call me the troll? As I said, I'm platform agnostic--my present phone is Android, with an iphone 4, a Palm Pre, and a couple WM phones in a drawer. I'm more than willing, in fact, excited to buy a WP phone, but there are real, tangible reasons not to.

But, here, in public, I promise to buy a Lumia if one ever hits Verizon. As I said, hold me to it. Or would you rather scream bitterly about people pointing out the shortcomings of WP?

Constructive criticism? I haven't seen any in this thread. Just pointing out a flawed gizmodo article that was designed to attract more clicks over being accurate and then trying to point out some stuff about apps. The only thing on your list that doesn't exist in some form yet is drop box. Saying that there is no Spotify tells us all we need to know.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
yes...

This and many other hilarious basic missing functions that people on here lose it if you point out.

And what's even more hilarious are those that pretend that there isn't a difference between constructive criticism or just flat saying something to say it. Not only are some of the facts that are stated in the article are flat out wrong, this didn't need another topic to crowd up this section that has a sea of similar topics. I believe other forums would actually WARN members for not using the search function. So......

Sent from my Le Lumia using Board Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett