WMPOWERUSER: good article

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The rise and rise of anti-Windows Phone articles | WMPoweruser

Seriously https://twitter.com/#!/joshuatopolsky hit the nail on the head. To create page views go ahead and bash windowsphone.

Kind of funny when he was the to start it. I did feel his review was more fair then the others ones that are listed in the article.

It would be funny if Nokia and At&t started a new commercial about these reviews with it stating "have they even used the phone" in a sarcastic way...kind of the way verizon markets there LTE network.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Kind of funny when he was the to start it. I did feel his review was more fair then the others ones that are listed in the article.

7944f8d9aa69e731.jpg

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I was starting to think I was the only one noticing this. The launch of the Lumia 900 brought a lot of anti-Windows Phone articles.

It's gonna be up to us, that think Windows Phone has a future and the potencial to become the third ecosystem, to sell it to our friends, family and even to strangers.

The tech media sure as **** won't.

If you think Windows Phone is going down, it won't go down without a fight, that's for sure.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
These same tech writers have been "reviewing" devices for years with the same bias. I don't know if they get money or devices from apple, but it sure seems like it.

The article always reads the same.... Say something nice, point out it's flaws, call it ok, but ALWAYS throw in somewhere that "in the end, it's no ipod, ipad, iphone"

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I agree with that article. When the 900 was launched there was initially a lot of positive articles about the device and the OS as a whole until The Verge's article became popular, and the reaction to it became furious.

Ever since then there has a been a wave of articles being written saying how the 900 is too little too late, and articles written by people who have obviously little experience with WP7 saying how the OS is a bust. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of it is people in the tech journal community sticking up for their guy Crapolsky.

It's clear that most tech journalists use Apple products as their everyday device and so whenever they do a review they somehow manage to compare everything to an iphone, ipad etc as if those devices are perfect in their form and function. It's annoying and clearly biased writing.

I am sure Josh is getting his knives ready for Windows 8, and all the Windows 8 tablets that are set to come out. That guy will do anything to get a reaction like he did with his 900 piece.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes the new wave of anti-WP has surged since the Nokia release and hopefully it keeps up. Means people are taking notice

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs