Nokia Lumia 710 - Ringtone

Mrs HB

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Have just got my new 710 which I'm am loving, i'm only used a pre war Samsung so this
phone for me is like a dream. I do have however have a problem with how long it rings for before going into vm, it seems so quick that by the time I hear it it has stopped, can I change this anywhere or is it something I have to get used to?? help please 'newbie in need' x

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
What is a pre war Samsung?

Unless I am mistaken, I don't think there is any way to change the ring to VM time. I think it's fairly standard at 20-30 seconds of ring, then go to VM.

Mrs HB

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
It's a Samsung s5560 which was donkeys years old lol.

Oh ok, bit disappointed with that then! guess I'll need to keep it near or get some sprint lessons in, as apart from that it's a fantastic phone. Who knew I could get the Internet on a phone (see pre war).
Thanks for your help xx

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Maybe someone will come along and contradict what I said, but I don't think so. I do recall on some phone or service I had long ago I could adjust the the number of rings before it went to VM. Something link 4 rings or 6. It was a loooong time ago, so this may have been before I had a cell phone. I just can't remember.

The Lumia 710 is great. I am glad you like it. Having Internet on the go is really nice in some situations.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
what you speak of is set on the carrier side and has nothing to do with the phone. for your purposes you could get a ringtone file that plays a bit of noise following by long silence. That would still not stop the time the carrier has assigned for the phone to go to VM.

Mrs HB

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all, looks like I'm just gunna have to get my sprinting action top notch or not bury the phone at the bottom of my bag!

This has been my first post ever on a forum so thanks for the advice x

MattLFC

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Who is the carrier? I know on o2 UK I was able to change the length of time the phone would ring prior to going to voicemail by sending a shortcode via text message iirc.

Anything from 5 to 30 seconds. Not tried on my new provider 3 as it does the full 30 seconds already before going to voicemail.

Mrs HB

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi I rang Vodafone, they gave me a code to put the VM back to 30 secs :)) so no need to sprint now, which now makes my phone perfect! thanks for all your help guys much appreciated xx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99