Name your TOP used features

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'am going to start off by listing my TOP 6 key features I use on a daily basis so just incase if anybody is into sales or marketing and dont know where to start well this is how I use my WP on a daily basis and hopefully this can help you sell or market the phone to a consumer.

Im starting off with the top

1. Social networking.

By being able to copy a URL and go to my People hub and write on someone's wall is so easy and fluid. Also every morning its so easy to check my twitter and Facebook feeds right away no need to open seperate apps its a very easy way to communicate and keep up to date with the news.

People underestimate the power of Twitter as a news source if I was in sales I would advise anybody who loves news to join Twitter and show them how easy it is to keep in touch using Windows Phone.

Also messaging just by being able to be on Facebook and MSN is easy ppl can easily reach my on FB chat or MSN and if they arent online a text message always works.

2. Photography.

I love being able to use my dedicated camera button to snap pictures and upload them to FB, Twitter or any third party app. Its also easy to take pics using Instacam and upload them to your favourite social networking platforms. What I find the best is Skydrive integration. With Skydrive I can snap a photo, take the photo on my PC and edit it or copy it on a document. Its so easy and very useful for just about anybody.

3. Zune Music

With Zune Pass and Bing Music I can find out any song on the radio that is currently playing find it on Zune and download it. That way you can download songs that you havent heard in quite some time and keep them on your playlist. Its also a great way to explore music and for 9.99$ its a great value. I wish MS marketed this feature more in North America because it really sperates WP from the competitors.

4. Live Tiles

I love my news sources and with live tiles and apps like USA today and BBC news I can find headlines that may interest me without opening the app. This is awesome because I dont have to go through apps individually to see whats goin on. It saves time and very efficient. Also live tiles are great for stocks, sports and anything else that has to do with numbers.

5. Transportation

With a Nokia Lumia I can use Nokia Drive for turn by turn offline navigation. If I travel around I can download the maps preload them and go very usefull for travlers. With Nokia Maps I can easily search for something like "Home Depot" and it will show me all the Home Depots around this is a very neat and useful tool. With Nokia transport it helps with the everyday communte. If you are always on the go a WP can easily help you get by.

6. Office Suite

I never used One Note until I got my Windows Phone and so far I love it. Office Suite is great you can have your meeting minutes uploaded to One Note so you dont have to bring a big binder with your meeting notes they are all there. Office Suite is also great for editing work on the go. Its a very powerful tool set especially if you have Office 2010 and use Skydrive. I really wish they allowed you to e-mail files but hopefully that comes soon.

7. Gaming

Gaming on WP is underrated. MS keeps coming up with quality games weekly of course it isn't like Draw Something or Marvel VS Capcom 2 but these games are light weight and dont consume your battery too much when you play them. Games like wordament, orbital, chickens can fly are great past time games and with the Xbox social networking platform it only makes the gaming feature set a bit more rich. If your not a hardcore phone gamer and you like to play games for a quick 5 to 10 minutes WP has a great selection for you.

So those are 7 key reason how I would pursuade a potential consumer to try or buy a WP. Please feel free to share your experiencee hopefully we can create a thread which allows new sales associates or marketing managers to understand the platform better and help them pursuade others into atleast trying the platform.

Welve

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
music, excel, email, news, weather, instant messaging, phone calls, and local scout

in about that order, it does basics tasks faster than iPhone and Android and that is why I love it

oh and i love it as a comparison tool/review finder in stores when I am looking to buy something

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
1. People Hub - I get a lot of use out of this and it's by far one of the best innovations in WP7 in my opinion. The ability to jump in and out and browse friend's posts quickly is fantastic. The Metro UI is far nicer to look at than a crappy Facebook page on a phone screen. Being able to look up individual people and see all my communications with them inside the app is nothing short of amazing. I think the People Hub alone could win a lot of people over to the platform if they just got a look at how it works. No other phone out there has anything close to a solution this elegant.

2. Live Tiles - In my opinion, they are the perfect way to convey information on the home screen. More sensible and uniform than widgets and more useful and attractive than icons. You give up some real estate versus a cluster of tiny icons, but it's more than worth it. I think the idea is only going to get better as the OS evolves and developers get more adventurous and skilled at using them to make better apps.

3. TellMe - The built in voice recognition. It works very well for what it does. Hit the button and say "Call Joe Smith" and it works every time. Works great for texting and web searches too. Still needs more functionality, like the ability to write inside other apps, and some natural language recognition like Siri would be spectacular, but for right now, it's very very good at the limited set of things it works on.

4. Xbox Live Hub - Microsoft has some really nice little games here and a fair number of them are exclusive to this platform which is a nice reward for people who might have missed out on a few games that haven't come to WP7 yet. It's nice to be able to get to all your games through a hub rather than having to deal with separate icons for them all.

5. Nokia Drive - Hands down the best navigation app I've seen on ANY phone. Period. Quick, beautiful interface, and dead accurate (so far at least). I love it.

6. Pictures Hub - Again, the hub idea is clearly what's next in smartphones. It goes so far beyond the limited functionality of any app because it's built around connecting you to dynamic information from a multitude of sources. It's thinking way outside the box. The Pictures hub lets me view, manage and share my own photos, but it also lets me see friends new photos from online sources, all without opening a browser or navigating through a dozen menus on a webpage. It's brilliant.

There's a lot more, but those were the first that came to mind.

I also LOVE the BBC Radio app and the built-in FM radio on my phone. BaconIt is a fantastic app for viewing Reddit, I actually prefer it to using the website on the computer, the interface is just worlds better than the webpage is, which is a testimonial to the WP7 UI and the developer.

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Found my favorite feature by accident today. I have a Jawbone Icon BT headset. When I received a text, this voice came over my ear asking if I wanted the message read or to reply. I was shocked. That never happened to me on Android. I was like "WTF?!?!?" Very cool.

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Oh my Dell Venue pro in no particular order top features used are
Email
Messaging (even though people hardly text me back)
People "what's new" section. I can keep easily keep track of facebook/LinkIn
Office
Bing Maps most don't give this alot of credit but Bing Maps works great for me.
Voice Activation for MMS and Search Wished it worked for Email too. I like Voice Search because I can say get to somewhere as well as it uses Bing Maps.
Internet Explorer I like this browser I would use it alot more if it worked on Hulu.
Local Scout
Note Plus
I Heart Radio
Tune-In Radio
Skydrive
NetFlix
Amazon Mobile
Newegg mobile
Marketplace- always looking to see what is new
And there is just as many more that I use every so often all on my 8gig Dell Venue Pro.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Found my favorite feature by accident today. I have a Jawbone Icon BT headset. When I received a text, this voice came over my ear asking if I wanted the message read or to reply. I was shocked. That never happened to me on Android. I was like "WTF?!?!?" Very cool.

Im with you on this one. I use this alot. people dont even realize im talking instead of typing.

I use calendars alot on this OS.

Was out this weekend in VA beach taking pics of my preggers wife and the party we went to. Posting to faceboook and tagging was never so easy. imo.

Finding thing in this OS is a breeze for me. either press the magnifying glass on the screen or press a letter to bring up the alphabet and find my object.

The weather channel get alot of attention from me. current weather and local radar live tiles alternates. don't know a better free weather app.

Pinning map destinations ahead of time was key for me this weekend. had 3 destinations to get to. Brought them up with ease.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro