Question about phone contacts

the_fly68

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I was adding a contact today and it wanted to add it to a google email account I have instead of Windows Live. I also checked the settings to my Windows Live account and email is the only thing listed to sync. What about calendar or contacts? Is this done automatically? Why was the new contact I was adding not saving to Windows Live?

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Yes this is done automatically, that is exactly why you can't change sync setting for calendar and contacts. There may be a little delay to show up online, but it will eventually.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
After you edit/add a contact entry, just do a Sync with your primary Live ID account and it will sync. Mail sync also syncs contacts and calendar.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

the_fly68

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Why when I'm creating a new contact is it defaulting to the google account nd not making it a Windows contact? I've had this phone over a year and never noticed this.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Do you have your google account set to sync contacts? Even if it is saving to google, it should still save to WL.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Here is the thing if you set up a contact and save it to google then google will be the default. If you want to chang that then when you create another contact chose windows live from the list and that will make WL your default

Also if you add a contact to google and save it to google it will only be in your google contacts. You can only save contact and calendar information to one location at a time. In other words it won't sync google contacts to live contacts.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Check your accounts in settings. You might not be syncing contacts to/from your Live account. When you add a contact, it will list all the options for which you are syncing contacts. If you aren't syncing contacts to/from Live, then it will not show up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowaHooley