Open the back, remove the battery for 5-10 seconds then re-insert it and try starting the phone again.
A hard reset will erase your data, so I would not recommend that except as a last resort if your data is backed up.
Here's how to do a hard reset on your Focus, if it comes to that:
*REMEMBER THIS WILL ERASE YOUR PHONE AND RESTORE IT TO FACTORY SETTINGS*
1. Press and hold the Camera, Volume Down, and Power buttons simultaneously.
2. Release Power when the phone vibrates, but continue to hold down Camera and Volume Down.
3. Release Camera and Volume Down when the format prompt is displayed on screen.
4. Press Windows key.
5. Press Windows key again to confirm the hard reset.
- Did you guys drop water on your phone or Phone in water?
- Did you drop the Phone on the ground? ( physical damage? )
- Are you sure its not just your battery not charging? (make sure you plug it in a good 10min)
- Check the USB connection (for charging) make sure its not broken ( plug n phone )
- Did you try a different charger?
- Did you recently Download an APP right before this started happening?
- Did you remove or ADD a SD card?
My phone suddenly came up with sad face :( I've turned it off then on no change and my battery is overheating i've only had my phone 2 months and its new so i don't know why its doing this also my phone is a huawei ascend w1 blue can you help me in any way.
I had the same thing happen to my Samsung Focus /Mango. Just up and died on my mid-call, tried different charges/batteries no go I recived the same results as the OP. Luckily this is when I decided to finally let WP7.5 go and move over to the WP8 world with my shiny new Lumia 920. Been a whole new world since.
It froze when charging. Then all day it kept resetting over and over.
Finally, I tried recharging it, and the battery wouldn't charge.
I ended up buying a new battery, and am now seeing if that fixed the issue.
It appears ok now. Even though I bought the phone new, it was actually
old stock (2 years old), so the battery was probably discharging, and wasn't
going to last long.
The battery was pretty expensive (half the cost of the phone), but I might return it,
and get a few back ups off amazon. The only problem is that those batteries might
be old also. It's hard to tell.