Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. drg
    Developer

Anyone else notice the increase in users on ..i'm a WP7 and wordament lately?

I got my WP7 April 2011 and I remember ..i'm a WP7 had a total of 30,000 users including devs. Now a year later it's a whopping 280,000!

And wordament when it started a few months ago was always around 100-200 players. Now it's hitting 700-800 players.

Anyone else think this shows massive growth for WP7?

I noticed that in Wordament - I was going to post on it too.

Also - I was #14 out of 734 on my last game.. Yeah baby!

also also - I cannot do as well in the Lumia 900 as I can on my Focus. The touch sensitivity is a little messed up on the 900. I have to go slower and much more deliberately on the 900. I really hope a firmware update is coming to fix that. I like everything else about the phone though.
    Last edited by invertme; 04-22-2012 at 09:41 PM.

Global Posts
    1,044 Global Posts
    I think it's from a combination of new 900 users and a successful "Smoked" campaign. Yes, it feels like WP7 is getting more attention than it ever had before. Hopefully, Microsoft builds on the momentum.
    Wordament player here and definitely the number of players has shot up, mostly US.

Good sign.

Global Posts
    3,912 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heron_Kusanagi View Post
    Wordament player here and definitely the number of players has shot up, mostly US.

Good sign.
    Same here. In the few weeks, or maybe a month, that I've had my phone, the average number of players during "prime time" here (East Coast, USA) has gone from 300+ to 700+. It's a pretty tangible sign of growth in the user base.
  6. AzD

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    1000 players on Wordament today.

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Numbers are up on Wordament. I have not found a great use for ...I am WP7!...suggestions?

As far as touch sensitivity, Wordament has gotten more touch sensitive on my Lumia after the current update. Previously it worked 100% fine. Now it is a bit touchy or just a little off.
    -Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die.

http://www.fluidr.com/photos/ejb222 http://www.flickr.com/photos/ejb222/
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    well we all know how BAD WP is supposedly doing according to half the people on this site... that must explain why the user base is growing.... no ... wait a min.... *cough*
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Wordament is also available on Windows 8 Preview. That probably helped a bit. But yeah, it does seem like it's gone up faster after the Lumia 900 launch. This afternoon I saw it at 1000 for the first time.

Global Posts
    3,912 Global Posts
    I got my third top ten finish today!
    The Radar screen isn't the biggest, so I fumble a lot, but I'm getting better. Somehow the live leaderboard makes the game more addictive than it would otherwise be.

I like the Daily Crossword app too.

I know that Wordament is looking to port to other platforms, but it would be nice if it continues as a WP exclusive for a while longer.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentimentgx4 View Post
    I think it's from a combination of new 900 users and a successful "Smoked" campaign. Yes, it feels like WP7 is getting more attention than it ever had before. Hopefully, Microsoft builds on the momentum.
    True the smoked campaign part. I got my WP from that and a convert from android. I was anyway thinking of moving away from googles grip, but the campaign came at a perfect time.

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    And the Lumia 800 has moved to the #2 spot on I'm a WP7s device stats page. The best part of the app IMHO.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

Global Posts
    1,044 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TechiePro View Post
    This afternoon I saw it at 1000 for the first time.
    Does the number go above 1000? I don't know why; but, to me, it seems like it stops counting at 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by ubizm0 View Post
    I got my third top ten finish today!
    I got my ten top tens in under an hour. Just play Wordament in Espanol. No one plays there and those who do are horrible at the game.

I don't even know any Spanish and I got first place the majority of the times. The funniest (and saddest) thing is that there were actually Mexicans playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentimentgx4 View Post
    Does the number go above 1000? I don't know why; but, to me, it seems like it stops counting at 1000.
    Yeah it always tops out at 1000. Maybe 1000 is the maximum the server can handle at the moment. May explain why some people were complaining about connection issues in most recent reviews after the Xbox Live update which I think made the game more popular.
  15. AzD

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Just saw 1023 players on Wordament. They may have upgraded something.
    It's 1.1k now. Good growth.
    Lets go wp!!!!

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    1280 players today. Huge growth!

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    1319 as I type this ;)

Of which, I finished at 825 :blush:

Couple 1400+ games and it's only 4:30pm Central time.
    Last edited by Press for Bacon; 04-29-2012 at 04:29 PM.
    Press it...press it for glory!
    L900W: 8779, warranty replacement from Nokia
    Former: Focus S, Focus

Yeah, Wordament's number of players has definetely shot up just this past week, right around when they released the Xbox live update (and pretty much right after the Lumia 900 came out).

Unfortunately for everyone else, I still place top 10 in 90% of games I play.

<---- realherbz

I may shoot the Wordament devs a facebook message. They can tell where the growth is coming from, because a while back they mentioned a they got a good bump from releasing Wordament on Win8 preview.
    Thanked by:
    alaskanjackson likes this.
  21. AzD

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c8m6p View Post
    Yeah, Wordament's number of players has definetely shot up just this past week, right around when they released the Xbox live update (and pretty much right after the Lumia 900 came out).

Unfortunately for everyone else, I still place top 10 in 90% of games I play.

<---- realherbz

I may shoot the Wordament devs a facebook message. They can tell where the growth is coming from, because a while back they mentioned a they got a good bump from releasing Wordament on Win8 preview.
    Consistently getting in the top 10 is really good, especially considering the numbers of people playing. I used to occasionally get in there, but now I'm just hanging on trying to stay in the top 10% - which is generally the top 100 nowadays.

It would be interesting to see where the growth is coming from. I suspect it is mainly the bump from the new Lumia/Titan II's as well as the move to XBOX Live status. I have tried wordament on Win 8 CP - it is not nearly as good as on a phone - the letters are too far apart which slows you down, and your eyes need to move too much to read the board.
    Mostly within top 50.

<- Heron Kusanagi

Average score 560+? XD
    Last edited by Heron_Kusanagi; 04-30-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Global Posts
    3,912 Global Posts
    My average score is about 415, which is nothing special but it gets me into the top 10% a lot of the time. I think I'd probably do better with a larger screen than the Radar's, but honestly the slowness is more in my brain than in my fingers. Sometimes, however, I do drag my finger over an extra letter, so it slows me down a bit.

I've seen any number of Boggle-type games on mobile phones, but it's the live leaderboard and stats that make Wordament so addictive.

You'll have to excuse my video game ignorance, but would playing Wordament on an Xbox entail using a handheld game controller, or is there some other input device? That would seem very slow.

Global Posts
    1,044 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AzD View Post
    Consistently getting in the top 10 is really good, especially considering the numbers of people playing. I used to occasionally get in there, but now I'm just hanging on trying to stay in the top 10% - which is generally the top 100 nowadays.
    So much gloating... makes me feel bad. T_T

Quote Originally Posted by ubizm0 View Post
    You'll have to excuse my video game ignorance, but would playing Wordament on an Xbox entail using a handheld game controller, or is there some other input device? That would seem very slow.
    Xbox LIVE is a feature on WP that greatly increases the enjoyability of games. Its most prominent feature is "Achievement Points" that are awarded to players after making achievements in games. These Achievement Points are highly sought after by players and used for bragging rights.

Many games that I've played would have been utterly horrible without Xbox LIVE (Max and the Magic Marker, Fruit Ninja, etc.). A lot of them are simply too easy and XBOX Live frequently adds meaningful goals/objectives left out from the game.

Some examples of Achievements for Wordament are:
    1) Theme Titan: Find all theme words
    2) Bilingual: Play Wordament in a second language
    etc.

XBOX Live Achievement points can also be attained through XBOX console games; but that's not relevant to many of us. Download the XBOX Live Extras app from the marketplace to attain XBOX Live features. I highly, highly recommend downloading it!
    Last edited by Sentimentgx4; 04-30-2012 at 11:28 AM.

wordament is my new favorite game. really addicting. I've seen you up there Heron_Kusanagi. I pointed out your name to my wife because she has a friend on xbox live with "kusanagi" in it. My wordament performance is lame. i mean, I've got better than half, i'm climbing. i got in the 200s a couple time in some 1k+ games without the diagram games.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast