Has Anybody Attended A "Behind the Tiles" Event?

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
If you have what do they do for the 3 hours scheduled for the evening? Anything particularly cool?

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Here's the way the press reports told it:
The events will consist of an instructor-led demo lab showing off the Lumia 900‘s capabilities, a look into the Metro UI and its future, as well as giving attendees the opportunity to win “great prizes.” There’ll also be free food and drink and the opportunity to play with the latest Windows Phone handsets.

I killed my BB emails a few months ago. Did invitations come by e-mail or regular mail? Some times and dates please, to see if there's some consistency and the less-worthy aficionados can try crashing a local to-do. Thank you.

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Here's the way the press reports told it:
The events will consist of an instructor-led demo lab showing off the Lumia 900?s capabilities, a look into the Metro UI and its future, as well as giving attendees the opportunity to win ?great prizes.? There?ll also be free food and drink and the opportunity to play with the latest Windows Phone handsets.

I killed my BB emails a few months ago. Did invitations come by e-mail or regular mail? Some times and dates please, to see if there's some consistency and the less-worthy aficionados can try crashing a local to-do. Thank you.

Here is where you can register:

https://www.ustechsregister.com/BehindTheTiles/default.aspx

Event Schedule
https://www.ustechsregister.com/BehindTheTiles/Events.aspx

LowRentTechGuy

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I am scheduled to go in Dallas on the third. I am looking forward to just meeting people that use wp7, most everyone I know is on the android bandwagon and its annoying.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I was registered for the one here in the Chicago area last night but, something else came up so I wasn't able to make it. They even called and left me a voicemail earlier in the day to remind me that it was coming up, where it was at, mentioned they would have food and prizes and lots going on, etc... I had been really looking forward to this to see what Microsoft was going to do with this opportunity (and see about scoring some cool free stuff) so I'm kinda bummed now that I had to miss it. :(

usstuscon12

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
The event was fun and informative. Lots of people new to WP and learning about it, so that's always good. The Nokia Lumia 900 was the talk of the show, the Titan2 was barely mentioned. Needless to say, I was very disappointed with the Lumia 900 and this was my first time trying it. They let us borrow the device during the presentations.

My personal gripes about the Lumia 900 (for me):
-Screen is not very sensitive and lags in responsiveness. The Titan2 did not exhibit this issue. It was noticable scrolling in the Start screen, more swipe area was used to have the menu actually move rather than in the Titan2 and my HTC Arrive which is even better due to the smaller screen. Perhaps a software issue on the sensitivity side.

-Softkeys lights are dim and not very responsive.

-The camera software should be able to take Macro shots on Auto without me having to tell it that I am taking a Macro shot. Should be a software issue hopefully. Also white balance issues, hopefully also a software issue.

I went to the Windows Phone Tile Event located at the Microsoft Technology Center in Irvine.

-Device is too large for my liking, my HTC Arrive and the Lumia 800 are perfect sizes.

-Device only has 16gb of storage (my Arrive has 32gb)

I went to the Microsoft Technology Center in Irvine for the Windows Phone Live Tile Event.

usstuscon12

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Not a typo, first Gen windows phones uses microsd card for memory, so i just put in a 32gb card replacing the 16gb. I think windows phones now should have 32gb of memory, especially with it being a flagship I see no reason why it wouldn't.

Giveaways were raffles for Xbox stuff, lumia 900, poster and a windows phone fancy notepad and stickers lol

LowRentTechGuy

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Went to the last event in Texas that I know about and walked out with an Xbox, plus the event was incredibly interesting. Big win for Microsoft and windows phone. They need to do another event for windows 8 and wp8. Just call it behind the times with Windows and really push the integration between all of their platforms.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

drusand810

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
whoa, how did you guys get the star wars xbox bundles?

the guy who just called me mentioned something about bringing our smartphones for a chance to win one. did they giveaway any phones as prizes?

will_solo

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
they give away 2 star wars xbox bundles, microsoft points, 2 lumia's (iirc) and some small SWAG items for everyone. It was a cool event. I went to the one in SF. I didn't win anything but cool anyways.

grossitch

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to the one in Charlotte on Monday the 14th. Looking forward to it! I'll be interested how many folks attend because the location is about 20-25 minutes from downtown and is pretty far away from the local college (UNC-Charlotte).

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
They also did the "Smoked by WP" at the events too so you either get an XBox game if you win and a portable speaker if you lose. I like that they gave you a Lumia 900 to do the demos at the event so you are not umbilical-corded during the event. I think I got my brother hooked after he got Smoked and handling the Lumia. We were one number away from winning the XBox bundle but 2 of the WP fans we met won.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)