Ipone user thinking of switching...

cebuhasher

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
im a current iphone user primarily because it sync's so effortlessly with outlook. if i made a change in outlook the iphone reflected that change on the next sync, if i made a change on the iphone then outlook reflected the change on the next sync. and now with icloud the sync is totally seamless. microsoft cant figure this out? it is really beyond me why microsoft would develop a product that wont sync seamless with the software they have. i would love to talk to the guys at microsoft that did this. why havent they been fired yet? really apple provides a better product to sync to your software then you do? amazing

now having said the above i did like all the other features of the windows phone and thought it was a better product but the only reason i kept my iphone was because i am outlook driven and i must be able to keep the same organization that i have on my pc on my phone. i could never figure out how to do that with the windows phone using windows live.

the process to upload the contacts was unbelievably time consuming and stupid. i had a htc hd7 windows phone a year ago and sold it because it was such a pain in the butt to get my contacts uploadeded and constantly sync. i have 5 small businesses each with its own set of contact folders and sub folders. i have already heard and tried all of the up load stuff to my windows live account etc etc etc. i am not an exchange user.

so i guess my question is, what am i missing here? have things matured beyond where it was?

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I have no clue what you're talking about. Outlook syncs with WP as well as the iPhone, if not better, from my understanding as I don't use Outlook.

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

evilrobot

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
so i guess my question is, what am i missing here? have things matured beyond where it was?

I'm not sure, when was the last time you tried it? On 7.5 I'm not having any problems with Outlook on WP7, it works perfectly - but my mail/calendar/contacts are hosted on an exchange server where I work.

What kind of email server are you using Outlook to access? IMAP, POP?

cebuhasher

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
i use pop. exchange server may be the answer and i may have to upgrade to that.

i want to make sure i understand you. so your sync with the phone is basically seamless? what ever contact folders, etc you have on your pc is recreated on your phone? if you make a change on the pc or the phone each is updated on the next sync?

i assume that your calender, appoinments, etc are synced as well.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
i use pop. exchange server may be the answer and i may have to upgrade to that.

i want to make sure i understand you. so your sync with the phone is basically seamless? what ever contact folders, etc you have on your pc is recreated on your phone? if you make a change on the pc or the phone each is updated on the next sync?

i assume that your calender, appoinments, etc are synced as well.

With outlook hotmail connector you can essentially make your hotmail calendar@ msn.com (hotmail or live.com calendar your outlook calendar (Office 2007) Excg=ange will work (hosted for as little as 10.00 a month) or you can go with Office 365 (as little as 6.00 a month) Supposedly with Apollo there will be some sort of active sync (by another name) direct sync with WP and Outlook.

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I use both an iPhone and a Quantum, and both of them sync just fine with my work account on Outlook using Exchange. If you're using POP, that's likely the reason for your problems.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

kalex

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Haven't used outlook to sync in a while (windows mobile). I use gmail for both business email and personal and it syncs perfectly with android, iphone and windows phone 7.5. I actually stopped reading after u said "icloud is seamless". I used icloud and its total crap. Very limited. But if u don't want to pay for exchange setup your email acccounts on google apps and connect your phone to it using exchange settings that google apps provides. Pop is outdated and is nothing but problems

anotherhawkeye

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
OP: The email client in WP 7.5 is my favorite and I have used both iPhone and Android. It syncs calendar and folders flawlessly when connected to exchange server.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
While Exchange will help you, not sure it will satisfy your contact sorting needs. Sounds like you have contact sub-folders in Outlook (for each of you businesses). You won't see that on a WP, and as I have never used Exchange, not sure what level it will sync. I believe WM only synced with the top level contacts folder. Yes, you could create groups in WP (up to 20 contacts per) but that won't sync back to Outlook. Everything will be one one big folder. Also, I don't believe WP supports categories (and option for your different businesses).

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa