04-25-2012, 10:48 PM #1
- 10 Posts
can't upload a saved wp pic on my pc into a forum gallery.
had to add my name a cell phone number into my contacts list
can't download music unless tied to zune
windows live vs google .. about the same anything on your PC is in their domain. you don't own your data.
hit the phone tile and "history" is staring at me.
visit a website in explorer. turn phone off. turn phone on. go to explorer. get the last page i looked at..WT_.?
phone freezes when searching new apps
the slide is very touchie feelie. invaribly sliding your finger hits a link and boom takin you there..hello? i want to explore the options available in the entire menu
or read the entire news story.
seriously what is with all of the saved history? i don't need to read the same story each time i return to a news site.
- 04-26-2012, 01:07 AM #5
Well about half of those are actually features (like saving web history), and a bunch of the others sound like a problem with your phone (freezing, dodgy touchscreen). The rest are the same as could be expected from either iOS or Android ("don't own your data", tied to Zune, etc).
- 04-26-2012, 02:36 AM #6
- 04-26-2012, 09:57 AM #9
Not sure what OP means about uploading pics, but we will try to help if you can explain more clearly. Not sure what you mean/what the problem is regarding adding yourself to contacts(?) Downloading music and the way content and data is handled are about the same as any other smartphone, you said it yourself, so why mention it? Phone history is there whem you hit the phone button? Yes, thats because the numbers you dial frequently will be one tap away then. If you want the phone number keypad, that us one tap away too. Last page you visited in explorer is there in saved state? Don't see a problem there, it enables you to return to where you were. Is it that hard to just click to your home page if you want? If the phone is freezing, something is wrong. Take it in have someone look at it. The rest sounds like user error to me.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
04-26-2012, 10:32 AM #10
- 2 Posts
1. Once you've put the pic on your pc it's no different than any other pic, not sure what your problem is.
2. You wanted yourself as a contact and needed to add it? How is this unusual?
3. Why don't you want to use Zune? You can add your existing iTunes(or w/e you used previously) to Zune and you're good to go. Personally i find Zune more user friendly than iTunes anyway.
4. um, okay?
5. What would you like it to take you to? As it is you see your history with buttons to take you to keypad, voice mail, contacts. If you know who you want to call it would make more sense to go to people>person>call. If you don't know who you're calling it makes sense to go to history, maybe you're replying to a missed call, or calling someone back who isn't a contact.
6. You'd rather open to a blank(or home)page each time you start IE? Personally i find opening to my last session to be preferable. I guess they could make this an option though.
7. Never had this happen.
8. Responsive touch screen. But yes you do have a point on the menus, currently they are a little finiky.
9. Is this different than #6?
Last edited by avenged24; 04-26-2012 at 11:28 AM.
- 04-26-2012, 10:59 AM #11
3. I have over 20G of music in Zune and 8G on my phone .. I dint download a single song from ZUNE .. actually its all torrents.... then i upload the folder to ZUNE and it auto syncs..
4> you dont own your data ..??? you decide 100% what you want to share/not share. advantage of WP over android... WP has the BEST security of ALL the OS out there ( accept Blackberry)
5. phone freeze whens searching apps? my phone hasn't froze once in 2 years.
for the history/security..
did you try hmm... turning off your COOKIES!!! ... erase your history??? OR DISABLE internet explore from collecting your info??:lol:
have you even been IN the settings of your WP!!! GOOD GOD!
04-26-2012, 02:05 PM #12
- 221 Posts
#4. Data ownership...
I realize words aren't your strong point, but if you take time to read, or (gasp!) use a search engine, you will find that your data IS indead YOUR DATA. MS says so in the agreement that you agreed to when you signed up for Live and SkyDrive.
Microsoft Services Agreement
04-27-2012, 04:19 PM #16
- 993 Posts
- 04-27-2012, 04:55 PM #17
people that want to use their phone as mass storage for Music i think is missing the big picture.. let me explain.
Mass storage: Download song to Folder --> connect phone -> open folder -> drag files to phone from music folder.
Zune/Wp way: Download songs to folder --> Connect phone --> done.
obviously you have to take 10sec to *chose* the folder to sync with in Zune ONCE in the LIFE of your WP.... mass storage you have to do it EVERY time cause its manual instead of automatic..
personally i love ZUNE , it does it all for me... **** i was bored at work and I notice my phone sync all my vids :) so i watched a movie :) hehe I love it!!
- 04-29-2012, 06:31 PM #19
You have to remember.. wp7 was rushed to the market and consequently, very basic functions were left out or parts of the os were unfinished. Mango was an installation of most of the stuff left out of wp7's release and was dubbed "a major update" leading people to believe they were "mango-ised". One thing I have to say though (and maybe this is due to the lack of power under the hood), the phone is always a smooth experience. Never has frozen, never stutters, web pages render perfectly, and touch is very responsive. Its kind of a trade-off. But MS really needs to combine the two in Wp8 for me to want to continue using windows phone.