"Direct Dial" tile?

kvsmith59

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I tried to search for this so if it's posted somewhere already, sorry!

Is there a way to pin a tile to the start page that directly dials a contact versus one that takes you to their profile page? Had it set up like that on the old android so one click and the phone dialed the person directly.

Kid251822

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if something like that exists but try RapDialer, a free app;Literally replaced the normal dialer for me. Features include a T9 keyboard to find contacts easily and an option to send messages too. The only downside is it asks for confirmation before a call but I'm probably nitpicking.

rbrunner

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
That's a technical thing

The only downside is it asks for confirmation before a call but I'm probably nitpicking.

That asking for confirmation is not done by the app, but by WP7 itself, and technically there is no way around this confirmation. A small price to pay for higher security of WP7 as compared to other smartphone OS.

Kid251822

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
That asking for confirmation is not done by the app, but by WP7 itself, and technically there is no way around this confirmation. A small price to pay for higher security of WP7 as compared to other smartphone OS.
I stand corrected,just thought I'd let OP know how it works...

Heavy Fluid

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I tried RapDialer and just didn't like it, and it will not show recent calls. I am using one called Speed Dial. Let's you set up several speed dial numbers. One click opens the app, click the person you want to call, and then click the call button. Also lets you text the person as well if you want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb