How many Windows Phone have YOU sold?

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
With my girlfriend's Lumia 900, she was #6 for me.

So far, here are what my device numbers look like:

Focus - 2
Arrive - 1
HD7S - 1
Lumia 900 - 2

No, I'm not a rep. ;)

How many have you sold?

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Ive sold 20 LG quantum
and roughly, 20-30 HTC HD7

on BELL. (Canada) but sadly my carrier/company no longer has WP in stock/ for sale

dont feel bad for me selling 40-50 phones , I work in business accounts and I activate 1-15 lines in one shot ;)

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Ive sold 20 LG quantum
and roughly, 20-30 HTC HD7

on BELL. (Canada) but sadly my carrier/company no longer has WP in stock/ for sale

dont feel bad for me selling 40-50 phones , I work in business accounts and I activate 1-15 lines in one shot ;)

So stupid Bell has a bad taste when it comes to phones. If Bell had WP I would be moving my corporation to use WP instead of Blackberry's its unfortunate

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah

bell's mentalaty is DUEL-core OR NOTHING .. SUPPERPHONES.. lol

Michel wenning w/e BELL CEO = biggest self centered a-hole Ive ever see.

MS came to pich him WP and he totaly told them off because he use to be CEO of MS Canada 3 years ago! and because of that he assumed ( ****u*me) he knows MS ... ignorant....

you leave a company for more then 2 months and you no longer have ANY IDEA whats going on .. so after 3 years assuming he knows the road map of MS is just F** stupid on his part.

i cant wait till we get a new CEO.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Wow.. I haven't sold any yet. You guys are making me feel like a slacker. :blush:

People do seem to like my Lumia 900 when they see it, but almost everyone I know has an iPhone or wants an iPhone. They look at my phone as sort of a curiosity. They immediately concede that the screen is beautiful and the UI is cool, but most of them have a hard time imagining buying anything other than an iPhone or Android.

I don't want to give people the hard sell, because the way I see it, WP7 isn't quite there yet for someone who doesn't know what they are getting into. The last thing I want to do is recommend WP7 to an iPhone user, then have them hate it because they can't do certain things, can't play Words With Friends or a bunch of other games. Then they'll hate me and badmouth WP7, which is even worse.

When people ask about my phone, I tell them what I love about it. Sometimes they ask if they should get one. I tell them what I think is great about it, but I include the caveat that "you may find some games you can't get or you have to wait for"

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm with the guy above me - I like my window phone but I don't care what other people are buying.

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I have sold 2 lumia 800 in Canada. I'm kinda have to agree with you socialcarpet, so the two i sold to came from a feature phone and a BB so either way it was better for them.

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm a teacher. I overheard a couple kids talking about getting new phones for Christmas a few months back. They were talking about getting androids. That's when I had to stop and show them my WP and how everything works and looks. They were loving the Xbox live tile and intergration (these kids are 11-12 years old). Then one little smart mouth girl starts saying how iphone is better. I proceeded to talk her down and change her mind. I did lose the apps comparison with her though. 60,000 at the time just wasn't a fair battle. One kid got a Samsung focus for Christmas the other still got the android low level model but I smirk at how jealous he is of the focus.

Also talked another student into getting the lumia 710 which she got for free from t-mo

I teach junior high with pre-teen and teens and will continue to show off my windows phone to these easy influenced potential early WP adopters. GET'M WHILE THEY'RE YOUNG!

Sprint just needs to help me out with better hardware.

ymc932

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
And how do you expect students to buy apps without resorting to side loading? Steal parent's credit card to register with MS? Not every parent would want to have they credit card detail stored with MS.

Sent from my LG-E900 using Board Express

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
most of the kids I see don't care about apps all that much. The ability to send text and pictures and check facebook with an few free games is all they care about.

WinPhan7

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
@ymc932 There are other ways for students to purchase apps as well, aside from side loading or stealing their folks card. My 8 year son and 15 year old daughter download paid apps by utilizing the AT&T payment center which came preinstalled with our devices. They always check with me prior to purchase but it gives them the freedom to explore the Marketplace without feeling constrained.

Sent from WinPhan7.5! using Board Express

CommonBlob

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
2 x LG Optimus 7 - My Kids
1 x HTC Titan - My Wife
3 x HTC HD 7 - Me, Mum and Dad
1 x Nokia Lumia 800 - Sister in Law

7 for me then!

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
My Phones = Focus and Lumia 900
GF = Surround
GF's brother = Lumia 900
Friend1 = Focus
Friend2 = Focus Flash

Working on my bro and my parents next.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Keep the word of mouth going and of course SHOW them how it works! I did mention to my cousin that she should buy a Windows Phone when it's time to upgrade from feature phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos