4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there, apologies for kickstarting this thread here, but im about to replace my HTC Mozart on OrangeUK here with the same handset due to a cracked screen this morning... im pretty sure how the restore/back up thing is going to happen (using the Reinstaller app etc) but via my Windowsphone.com account I cant seem to see if my contacts that I linked on the handset, (ie adding multiple cards/emails/social networks to one account card for a contact) will be reproduced when i re-sync things tomorrow... am i going to have to re-link those accounts the long way on the handset manually upon restarting the new phone?? many of my contacts obviously have multiple windows live/facebook/twitter accounts per 'contact' as you may suspect.

Also, and somewhat more importantly, after i sync for a final time all media tomorrow/tonight is it wise to RESET the phone back to factory settings/wiping all data etc when i hand my phone back to the courier during the exchange? Without the sim inserted, i notice the phone is still 'live' with all login's + apps + media still accessible...basically all that access to my social media accounts. I wasn't told to reset when i hand it over but would you think its a good idea?

Any help much appreciated!

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't have to do much to get all your contacts back onto your new phone. Simply logon the live account and all your contacts will synchronized from your live account and most of te apps will follow. My pictures are on the clouds,and I simply restore my saved back to my phone.

And your old phone, you simply perform wipe an that's it.

Sent from my Lumia 900 Cyan using Board Express
    Nickkk101 likes this.

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMavC5 View Post
    You don't have to do much to get all your contacts back onto your new phone. Simply logon the live account and all your contacts will synchronized from your live account and most of te apps will follow. My pictures are on the clouds,and I simply restore my saved back to my phone.

And your old phone, you simply perform wipe an that's it.

Sent from my Lumia 900 Cyan using Board Express
    Thanks for that but i am aware of how the contacts sync works, im just not sure if the contacts will reappear 'linked' or will they appear individually A-Z?? For example some contacts I 'link' so they appear on ONE contact card/profile- im sure you're familiar with this. Some of these contacts contain multiple Live profiles/Twitter/FB etc. am i likely to have to go through my contacts re-linking them you think?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,535 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickkk101 View Post
    Thanks for that but i am aware of how the contacts sync works, im just not sure if the contacts will reappear 'linked' or will they appear individually A-Z?? For example some contacts I 'link' so they appear on ONE contact card/profile- im sure you're familiar with this. Some of these contacts contain multiple Live profiles/Twitter/FB etc. am i likely to have to go through my contacts re-linking them you think?
    I'm pretty sure you will have to go back an relink your contacts. I've had to replace my phone before and I'm pretty sure they sync, but don't relink.
    Nickkk101 likes this.

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yup just found this out the hardway this morning lol took me AGES to clean out the contacts AGAIN and relink. still lesson learned. ROLL on WP8 and a legit back up process.... :) thanks for the help, appreciated!

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have that many linked contacts (WindowsLive & FB) but the 10 or so I do have were relinked when I synced with my L900 for the first time (previously used a Surround).

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I had to change phones my contacts with the names spelled exactly automatically linked. I had to manually link the ones that were slightly different.