contacts back up question + to reset or not to reset..??

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi there, apologies for kickstarting this thread here, but im about to replace my HTC Mozart on OrangeUK here with the same handset due to a cracked screen this morning... im pretty sure how the restore/back up thing is going to happen (using the Reinstaller app etc) but via my Windowsphone.com account I cant seem to see if my contacts that I linked on the handset, (ie adding multiple cards/emails/social networks to one account card for a contact) will be reproduced when i re-sync things tomorrow... am i going to have to re-link those accounts the long way on the handset manually upon restarting the new phone?? many of my contacts obviously have multiple windows live/facebook/twitter accounts per 'contact' as you may suspect.

Also, and somewhat more importantly, after i sync for a final time all media tomorrow/tonight is it wise to RESET the phone back to factory settings/wiping all data etc when i hand my phone back to the courier during the exchange? Without the sim inserted, i notice the phone is still 'live' with all login's + apps + media still accessible...basically all that access to my social media accounts. I wasn't told to reset when i hand it over but would you think its a good idea?

Any help much appreciated!

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to do much to get all your contacts back onto your new phone. Simply logon the live account and all your contacts will synchronized from your live account and most of te apps will follow. My pictures are on the clouds,and I simply restore my saved back to my phone.

And your old phone, you simply perform wipe an that's it.

Sent from my Lumia 900 Cyan using Board Express

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
You don't have to do much to get all your contacts back onto your new phone. Simply logon the live account and all your contacts will synchronized from your live account and most of te apps will follow. My pictures are on the clouds,and I simply restore my saved back to my phone.

And your old phone, you simply perform wipe an that's it.

Sent from my Lumia 900 Cyan using Board Express
Thanks for that but i am aware of how the contacts sync works, im just not sure if the contacts will reappear 'linked' or will they appear individually A-Z?? For example some contacts I 'link' so they appear on ONE contact card/profile- im sure you're familiar with this. Some of these contacts contain multiple Live profiles/Twitter/FB etc. am i likely to have to go through my contacts re-linking them you think?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that but i am aware of how the contacts sync works, im just not sure if the contacts will reappear 'linked' or will they appear individually A-Z?? For example some contacts I 'link' so they appear on ONE contact card/profile- im sure you're familiar with this. Some of these contacts contain multiple Live profiles/Twitter/FB etc. am i likely to have to go through my contacts re-linking them you think?

I'm pretty sure you will have to go back an relink your contacts. I've had to replace my phone before and I'm pretty sure they sync, but don't relink.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
yup just found this out the hardway this morning lol took me AGES to clean out the contacts AGAIN and relink. still lesson learned. ROLL on WP8 and a legit back up process.... :) thanks for the help, appreciated!

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't have that many linked contacts (WindowsLive & FB) but the 10 or so I do have were relinked when I synced with my L900 for the first time (previously used a Surround).

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
When I had to change phones my contacts with the names spelled exactly automatically linked. I had to manually link the ones that were slightly different.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss