05-17-2012 07:15 PM
- Hey all - I've been searching around trying to find an answer to this to no avail. When I set an alarm on my Focus Flash, it always comes on at full volume regardless of what volume settings the phone is at. I have tried it with ringer and vibrate off, tried it with volume turned down, but ringer on, and still - every time it goes off, it starts at full volume.
From what I could find online, it seems that while you can't choose a volume level for the alarm, it is supposed to start off very quiet, and build in volume. Is that correct? If so, does anyone know why mine is not doing this? Is there anyway to make it do that, or at least specify a volume level for the alarm?
I like to leave my phone on silent at night, but still want an alarm in the morning (just not at full blast). Thanks!04-29-2012 01:28 PM
- does it do this with every ringtone? my trophy ascends as is it supposed to... i would first try a different tone, maybe even a custom tone. if nothing else you could use a custom tone that isnt as attrusive, like maybe some birds chirping in a meadow, a lovely waterfall, or thunderstorm. try the 'free ringtones' app to find custom ringtones. once it is saved to your phone you can use them for alarms well...
good luck! hope this helps04-30-2012 09:20 AM
- Thanks for the reply's! I had a look around at some other ring tones, but there were only a few pre loaded that didn't start off full blast (and even those are pretty loud). I tried looking through the free ring tones app, but everything there started loud. I am trying to find something mellow to wake up to - like ocean or bird sounds, but with the volume its like waking up with the bird screaming in your ear :-) If you have any additional suggestions that would be great
Other than this little quirk, I am really loving WP!
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express04-30-2012 08:56 PM
- Sounds like a bug of some sort. My 900 starts off really quiet and slowly builds to full volume. I would second the suggestion of using an alarm app. I probably would too, but I keep my phone on vibrate for the majority of time, so if the alarm went off at the same volume as my phone, it would be kind of worthless.05-01-2012 09:38 AM
- 05-15-2012 12:21 PM
- Just got a 900, had a Focus before that. The graduated volume on the alarm worked fine on the Focus, but with the 900 it's full-blast. I really don't want to add another app to work around something I already have. Right now, I plug it in and put it in a drawer so that the alarm doesn't scare the crap out of everyone when it goes off.05-17-2012 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD