Built in Alarm App Volume

jonyd1

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey all - I've been searching around trying to find an answer to this to no avail. When I set an alarm on my Focus Flash, it always comes on at full volume regardless of what volume settings the phone is at. I have tried it with ringer and vibrate off, tried it with volume turned down, but ringer on, and still - every time it goes off, it starts at full volume.

From what I could find online, it seems that while you can't choose a volume level for the alarm, it is supposed to start off very quiet, and build in volume. Is that correct? If so, does anyone know why mine is not doing this? Is there anyway to make it do that, or at least specify a volume level for the alarm?

I like to leave my phone on silent at night, but still want an alarm in the morning (just not at full blast). Thanks!

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
does it do this with every ringtone? my trophy ascends as is it supposed to... i would first try a different tone, maybe even a custom tone. if nothing else you could use a custom tone that isnt as attrusive, like maybe some birds chirping in a meadow, a lovely waterfall, or thunderstorm. try the 'free ringtones' app to find custom ringtones. once it is saved to your phone you can use them for alarms well...

good luck! hope this helps

claudeburdel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Titan II. The alarm comes on very loud, no matter how low I have the volume set. I solved the problem by downloading an alarm clock app. Now when the alarm goes off, it goes off at the volume I have the phone set at.

jonyd1

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply's! I had a look around at some other ring tones, but there were only a few pre loaded that didn't start off full blast (and even those are pretty loud). I tried looking through the free ring tones app, but everything there started loud. I am trying to find something mellow to wake up to - like ocean or bird sounds, but with the volume its like waking up with the bird screaming in your ear :) If you have any additional suggestions that would be great

Other than this little quirk, I am really loving WP!

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a bug of some sort. My 900 starts off really quiet and slowly builds to full volume. I would second the suggestion of using an alarm app. I probably would too, but I keep my phone on vibrate for the majority of time, so if the alarm went off at the same volume as my phone, it would be kind of worthless.

jland555

May 4, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 900 does it too

Sounds like a bug of some sort. My 900 starts off really quiet and slowly builds to full volume.

Just got a 900, had a Focus before that. The graduated volume on the alarm worked fine on the Focus, but with the 900 it's full-blast. I really don't want to add another app to work around something I already have. Right now, I plug it in and put it in a drawer so that the alarm doesn't scare the crap out of everyone when it goes off.

jonyd1

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Just got a 900, had a Focus before that. The graduated volume on the alarm worked fine on the Focus, but with the 900 it's full-blast. I really don't want to add another app to work around something I already have. Right now, I plug it in and put it in a drawer so that the alarm doesn't scare the crap out of everyone when it goes off.

That's strange that you didn't have it with the focus, but you do with the 900. I'm still looking for a good solution to this (though tossing it in a drawer doesn't seem a half bad idea - that or put it in a sock or something...) :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion