This again?

Windows Central Podcast 37: Windows 10 Mobile is still dead

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

2015 machine in 2017?

Surface 3 still holds its own in 2017

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all - I've been searching around trying to find an answer to this to no avail. When I set an alarm on my Focus Flash, it always comes on at full volume regardless of what volume settings the phone is at. I have tried it with ringer and vibrate off, tried it with volume turned down, but ringer on, and still - every time it goes off, it starts at full volume.

From what I could find online, it seems that while you can't choose a volume level for the alarm, it is supposed to start off very quiet, and build in volume. Is that correct? If so, does anyone know why mine is not doing this? Is there anyway to make it do that, or at least specify a volume level for the alarm?

I like to leave my phone on silent at night, but still want an alarm in the morning (just not at full blast). Thanks!

Global Posts
    1,331 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does it do this with every ringtone? my trophy ascends as is it supposed to... i would first try a different tone, maybe even a custom tone. if nothing else you could use a custom tone that isnt as attrusive, like maybe some birds chirping in a meadow, a lovely waterfall, or thunderstorm. try the 'free ringtones' app to find custom ringtones. once it is saved to your phone you can use them for alarms well...

good luck! hope this helps

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same problem with my Titan II. The alarm comes on very loud, no matter how low I have the volume set. I solved the problem by downloading an alarm clock app. Now when the alarm goes off, it goes off at the volume I have the phone set at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply's! I had a look around at some other ring tones, but there were only a few pre loaded that didn't start off full blast (and even those are pretty loud). I tried looking through the free ring tones app, but everything there started loud. I am trying to find something mellow to wake up to - like ocean or bird sounds, but with the volume its like waking up with the bird screaming in your ear :-) If you have any additional suggestions that would be great

Other than this little quirk, I am really loving WP!

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a bug of some sort. My 900 starts off really quiet and slowly builds to full volume. I would second the suggestion of using an alarm app. I probably would too, but I keep my phone on vibrate for the majority of time, so if the alarm went off at the same volume as my phone, it would be kind of worthless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPDVM2014 View Post
    Sounds like a bug of some sort. My 900 starts off really quiet and slowly builds to full volume.
    Just got a 900, had a Focus before that. The graduated volume on the alarm worked fine on the Focus, but with the 900 it's full-blast. I really don't want to add another app to work around something I already have. Right now, I plug it in and put it in a drawer so that the alarm doesn't scare the crap out of everyone when it goes off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jland555 View Post
    Just got a 900, had a Focus before that. The graduated volume on the alarm worked fine on the Focus, but with the 900 it's full-blast. I really don't want to add another app to work around something I already have. Right now, I plug it in and put it in a drawer so that the alarm doesn't scare the crap out of everyone when it goes off.
    That's strange that you didn't have it with the focus, but you do with the 900. I'm still looking for a good solution to this (though tossing it in a drawer doesn't seem a half bad idea - that or put it in a sock or something...) :)