Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

2015 machine in 2017?

Surface 3 still holds its own in 2017

Let Kodi cut your cord

You should be using Kodi for Windows 10

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Fleon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    174 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    Anyone else seeing this? Marketplace has been totally down for me for the last 6-7 hours with an error c101a006.
  2. Rodolfo#WP's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    396 Posts
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    Not this evening; I just used my 10 Zune credits to purchase two albums.

    Sweet. ;)
  3. Duvi's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,035 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,036 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleon View Post
    Anyone else seeing this? Marketplace has been totally down for me for the last 6-7 hours with an error c101a006.
    Been using it all day. Performed a hard reset on my 900 and have been downloading apps ever since.
  4. Duvi's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,035 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,036 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo View Post
    Not this evening; I just used my 10 Zune credits to purchase two albums.

    Sweet. ;)
    I never use my credits. I always forget to. Even while I'm writing this, I could just do it, but instead I'm not. Smh!
  5. JPDVM2014's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    382 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    I have had trouble using anything Live related. Can't log in to hotmail, xbox, or the marketplace. I get Error: 800488fe
  6. jfa1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,565 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,648 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    no problems yesterday or today just downloaded an update to insider.
  7. JPDVM2014's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    382 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    I remove my comment that Live services were down for me. My account got locked due to suspicious activity, and I had to log in on a computer and reset my password. Everything is working fine now.
  8. Rodolfo#WP's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    396 Posts
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by duvi View Post
    I never use my credits. I always forget to. Even while I'm writing this, I could just do it, but instead I'm not. Smh!
    That's because you're too busy supermoderating, while I spend my time supermusicating.

    I'm grateful because more subscribers like you will keep our fees low. ;)
  9. peerke63's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    For the first time since I use the Marketplace on my Lumia800 I get this c101a006-error-code.... trying to update Shazam. Rest of app-downloads seem to work fine
  10. Joseph Leo Ndlovu's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  
    I have been wondering what is going on with app store the whole of today I have just been getting the error code: c101a006
  11. illumia's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    Same problem here 2 days now. Only updates work, it's impossible to download any new (paid or free) app.
  12. aflourou's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  
    same here... any solutions?
  13. sirgrant618's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    Same on my 920. Reaaaallllyyyy dont want to do a hard reset at the risk of bricking my phone like my last one.
  14. illumia's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #14  
    Don't reset your phone, it's useless and you risk bricking it. Mine got stuck but thankfully a soft reset during a hard reset (?!@#) succeeded in unbricking it. But regarding the issue I'm pasting one of my posts:
    After having wasted a lot of time talking to clueless wp chat staff trying to convince them that there is nothing wrong with the phone itself or my account I was forced by a staff member I was talking with to reset my phone and set it up again with her help "manually" (I never understood what that meant) but since resetting took too much time I didn't want to keep her preoccupied and was told I could resume setting it up with any other colleague of hers. Well guess what, the guy I talked to next was the first of of 6 I talked with that immediately told me that I shouldn't have reset my phone because the problem is with their servers having an issue that will be resolved and all I can do is be a little patient until they fix it! And of course when I set up my phone again the problem is still there... There's nothing worse when having to deal with support than realizing you know more about the problem than they do and have to persuade them that it's a problem on their side. I grateful this last guy let me know they are aware of it... The first guy I talked with is still "investigating" it, wp support on twitter is still waiting for their "team" to tell them what is wrong, the xbox support rep assured me the terms have been accepted and it's a wp problem, total madness..
  15. aflourou's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by illumia View Post
    Don't reset your phone, it's useless and you risk bricking it. Mine got stuck but thankfully a soft reset during a hard reset (?!@#) succeeded in unbricking it. But regarding the issue I'm pasting one of my posts:
    After having wasted a lot of time talking to clueless wp chat staff trying to convince them that there is nothing wrong with the phone itself or my account I was forced by a staff member I was talking with to reset my phone and set it up again with her help "manually" (I never understood what that meant) but since resetting took too much time I didn't want to keep her preoccupied and was told I could resume setting it up with any other colleague of hers. Well guess what, the guy I talked to next was the first of of 6 I talked with that immediately told me that I shouldn't have reset my phone because the problem is with their servers having an issue that will be resolved and all I can do is be a little patient until they fix it! And of course when I set up my phone again the problem is still there... There's nothing worse when having to deal with support than realizing you know more about the problem than they do and have to persuade them that it's a problem on their side. I grateful this last guy let me know they are aware of it... The first guy I talked with is still "investigating" it, wp support on twitter is still waiting for their "team" to tell them what is wrong, the xbox support rep assured me the terms have been accepted and it's a wp problem, total madness..
    So this error will be fixed? I've had it for 2 weeks?!
  16. aflourou's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #16  
    all - i think it is to do with your IDs. had this issue from day one. could download some apps and not others.
    hard reset the phone and created a new id which seems to have done the trick. not sure how this will effect other stuff.
    i also did another reset and signed in with my original ID and guess what???... couldnt download the apps i had trouble with in the first place.
    things like your skydrive will be effected as you will have a different ID.

    now i am going to do another hard reset and go back to my second ID...

    wish me luck!!!
  17. illumia's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #17  
    Hi again Andy, well it has to do with the IDs in the sense that there is some sort of communication or verification error and the store thinks you haven't accepted the XBOX Terms Of Use, which may be the case for some but usually it's a false detection. I have accepted them and I actually use the same account from my Win8 pc to get apps from the same store. So the problem is obviously with Microsoft and as I said after many wasted hours I found a guy at suppport who knew about it and said they are working on it. Needless to say they should expedite whatever repair it is they're doing since they are losing both revenue and reputation from this mishap.
  18. Nasser Alsalhabi's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #18  
    Hi There,

    The resolution for this problem is easy. The reason you are facing this problem is that "Store" thinks that you are a Child and they wouldn't allow you to download any application

    Please follow the steps below:

    1. On your phone, please go to Settings > Email + Accounts. In the list look for the first email marked as "Microsoft Account".
    2. From your phone, use credentials of "Microsoft Account" to sign in to account.live.com.
    3. After logining in to account.live.com, make sure that birth date and home country/region are completely filled-in and saved.
    4. If you see a message indicating that your password is weak or something, please change to password.
    5. If you are prompted to add additional security information, please do so.
    6. From your phone, sign in to Xbox.com using same credentials above.
    7. You "SHOULD" be prompted to accept terms of use. Please do so.
    8. Click on My account.
    9. Scroll down the page till you see Billing Contact Information. Click on it.
    10. Make sure that information is up to date.
    11. Power down your phone and wait for 30 sec.
    12. Power on and try accessing Store and downloading apps.

    Thanks,
  19. timothy henry munoz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #19  
    I've been experiencing this for weeks now and I need this app for my study but I can't download my app it say that I should soft reset or hard reset but it wont work
  20. Vaclav Dajbych's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #20  
    I have the same problem. It occurs only with Mobile operator payment. Credit card payment is without any problem.
    Last edited by Vaclav Dajbych; 02-10-2015 at 04:35 AM. Reason: spelling
  21. Harrie-S's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    5,390 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,394 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaclav Dajbych View Post
    I have the same problem. It occurs only with Mobile operator payment. Credit card payment is without any problem.
    Did you add the mobile operator payment to your wallet or contacted your mobile operator for advice?
  22. Vaclav Dajbych's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrie-S View Post
    Did you add the mobile operator payment to your wallet or contacted your mobile operator for advice?
    Yes, I have contacted my mobile operator to make sure the mobyle payment service is activated. My wallet app contains mobile operator payment method.
  23. Harrie-S's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    5,390 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,394 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaclav Dajbych View Post
    Yes, I have contacted my mobile operator to make sure the mobyle payment service is activated. My wallet app contains mobile operator payment method.
    This error code appears when trying to download an app and is caused by incomplete information in your Microsoft account profile or that the Terms of Service for Xbox LIVE were not accepted.

    Not sure if you already did below.
    Maybe this helps, sign in to your Microsoft account, tap or click Edit personal info, make sure that your Birth date and Home Country/region are completed, and then tap or click Save.
    Furthermore did you change the region on your phone?
    And remove it out of the wallet and add it again.
    ven07 likes this.
  24. EricMarsi's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    70 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #24  
    Just yesterday I started getting a 800040005 error, whenever I try and download apps that I bought before
  25. Vaclav Dajbych's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #25  
    I have checked Microsoft account (account.microsoft.com), Xbox account (account.xbox.com), Payment hub (commerce.microsoft.com), Wallet (WP app) and WP region settings... everything seems to be set up correctly.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions