Marketplace down? c101a006 error

Fleon

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else seeing this? Marketplace has been totally down for me for the last 6-7 hours with an error c101a006.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else seeing this? Marketplace has been totally down for me for the last 6-7 hours with an error c101a006.
Been using it all day. Performed a hard reset on my 900 and have been downloading apps ever since.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I have had trouble using anything Live related. Can't log in to hotmail, xbox, or the marketplace. I get Error: 800488fe

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I remove my comment that Live services were down for me. My account got locked due to suspicious activity, and I had to log in on a computer and reset my password. Everything is working fine now.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I never use my credits. I always forget to. Even while I'm writing this, I could just do it, but instead I'm not. Smh!

That's because you're too busy supermoderating, while I spend my time supermusicating.

I'm grateful because more subscribers like you will keep our fees low. ;)

peerke63

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
For the first time since I use the Marketplace on my Lumia800 I get this c101a006-error-code.... trying to update Shazam. Rest of app-downloads seem to work fine

illumia

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Don't reset your phone, it's useless and you risk bricking it. Mine got stuck but thankfully a soft reset during a hard reset (?!@#) succeeded in unbricking it. But regarding the issue I'm pasting one of my posts:
After having wasted a lot of time talking to clueless wp chat staff trying to convince them that there is nothing wrong with the phone itself or my account I was forced by a staff member I was talking with to reset my phone and set it up again with her help "manually" (I never understood what that meant) but since resetting took too much time I didn't want to keep her preoccupied and was told I could resume setting it up with any other colleague of hers. Well guess what, the guy I talked to next was the first of of 6 I talked with that immediately told me that I shouldn't have reset my phone because the problem is with their servers having an issue that will be resolved and all I can do is be a little patient until they fix it! And of course when I set up my phone again the problem is still there... There's nothing worse when having to deal with support than realizing you know more about the problem than they do and have to persuade them that it's a problem on their side. I grateful this last guy let me know they are aware of it... The first guy I talked with is still "investigating" it, wp support on twitter is still waiting for their "team" to tell them what is wrong, the xbox support rep assured me the terms have been accepted and it's a wp problem, total madness..

aflourou

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Don't reset your phone, it's useless and you risk bricking it. Mine got stuck but thankfully a soft reset during a hard reset (?!@#) succeeded in unbricking it. But regarding the issue I'm pasting one of my posts:
After having wasted a lot of time talking to clueless wp chat staff trying to convince them that there is nothing wrong with the phone itself or my account I was forced by a staff member I was talking with to reset my phone and set it up again with her help "manually" (I never understood what that meant) but since resetting took too much time I didn't want to keep her preoccupied and was told I could resume setting it up with any other colleague of hers. Well guess what, the guy I talked to next was the first of of 6 I talked with that immediately told me that I shouldn't have reset my phone because the problem is with their servers having an issue that will be resolved and all I can do is be a little patient until they fix it! And of course when I set up my phone again the problem is still there... There's nothing worse when having to deal with support than realizing you know more about the problem than they do and have to persuade them that it's a problem on their side. I grateful this last guy let me know they are aware of it... The first guy I talked with is still "investigating" it, wp support on twitter is still waiting for their "team" to tell them what is wrong, the xbox support rep assured me the terms have been accepted and it's a wp problem, total madness..

So this error will be fixed? I've had it for 2 weeks?!

aflourou

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
all - i think it is to do with your IDs. had this issue from day one. could download some apps and not others.
hard reset the phone and created a new id which seems to have done the trick. not sure how this will effect other stuff.
i also did another reset and signed in with my original ID and guess what???... couldnt download the apps i had trouble with in the first place.
things like your skydrive will be effected as you will have a different ID.

now i am going to do another hard reset and go back to my second ID...

wish me luck!!!

illumia

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi again Andy, well it has to do with the IDs in the sense that there is some sort of communication or verification error and the store thinks you haven't accepted the XBOX Terms Of Use, which may be the case for some but usually it's a false detection. I have accepted them and I actually use the same account from my Win8 pc to get apps from the same store. So the problem is obviously with Microsoft and as I said after many wasted hours I found a guy at suppport who knew about it and said they are working on it. Needless to say they should expedite whatever repair it is they're doing since they are losing both revenue and reputation from this mishap.

Nasser Alsalhabi

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi There,

The resolution for this problem is easy. The reason you are facing this problem is that "Store" thinks that you are a Child and they wouldn't allow you to download any application

Please follow the steps below:

1. On your phone, please go to Settings > Email + Accounts. In the list look for the first email marked as "Microsoft Account".
2. From your phone, use credentials of "Microsoft Account" to sign in to account.live.com.
3. After logining in to account.live.com, make sure that birth date and home country/region are completely filled-in and saved.
4. If you see a message indicating that your password is weak or something, please change to password.
5. If you are prompted to add additional security information, please do so.
6. From your phone, sign in to Xbox.com using same credentials above.
7. You "SHOULD" be prompted to accept terms of use. Please do so.
8. Click on My account.
9. Scroll down the page till you see Billing Contact Information. Click on it.
10. Make sure that information is up to date.
11. Power down your phone and wait for 30 sec.
12. Power on and try accessing Store and downloading apps.

Thanks,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786