Visual Voicemail, Great Concept, Feature Needs Work Though

campbellc

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I love the VVM concept. However, this feature needs a lot of work. Here's what I don't like........

If you have a voicemail and you tap on the phone tile from home screen it takes you right into the VVM application. If you chose not to listen to the voicemail and you go back to the home screen the voicemail indicator on the phone tile will disappear. I think it should stay until you have listened to the voicemail.

When you tap on a name/number of the pending voicemail it automatically begins to play the message. I would like to see the "play" button located to the left of the name/number for a quick play option. Should you decide to tap on the name /number instead of using the quick play option I would like to see a menu pop up with the play, delete call and contact icons. A progress bar should also be included here. This would allow you to fast forward the message.

The strangest quirk I've seen with this app is the volume that controls the sound is the ringer volume, 1-30 option and not the typical call volume 1-10. I typically keep my ringer on a low volume or silent and this presents problems when I open up the app. As I stated earlier if you tap on the name/number the message immediately begins playing. I'm always rushing to crank up the volume and I end up missing most of the message.

The volume also needs to be maxed out to 30 and even then it is not loud enough to hear. I hope this can be corrected with a software update.

Just my thoughts......I would like to hear what others think of VVM.

Last edited:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
On this first part I have to disagree with you. I know I have a voice mail waiting and from who I just looked at it. I want the indicator gone from my start screen until I get another voice mail. I wouldn't mind if the new indicate numbed gave me the total number waiting but I don't like the indicator staying there all the time if I don't listen to a message. It couldn't hurt to have a choice in setting so we can both have what we want.

A play button and progress bar would be nice your spot on there.

Louder volume would be nice. I like the way WP handles volume. Options can be good but to maybe different settings tends to confuse people. I prefer to just remember I need to turn up the volume before I play the message.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed if the use of Visual Voice mail increase battery drain?

It would have been more appropriate to start your won thread than to ressurect a 7 month old thread about different VVM issues, but to answer your question, I have not seen any notable difference in battery life when using vvm compared to not using it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos