Microsoft hopes Windows Phone summit can shrink the app gap

madhouse1616

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft hopes Windows Phone summit can shrink the app gap | Mobile - CNET News

Windows Phone OS may not have the market share or the apps, but one thing I will say is that Microsoft is finally going after developers with more vigor. This time it's to the tune of a developer summit on June 21 and 22.

Microsoft is serious about closing the gap separating its Windows Phone application Marketplace from Android's Google Play and iPhone's App Store. The San Francisco location couldn't be a better spot to tap into Silicon Valley's software-development mojo.

It isn't that the Redmond giant hasn't tended its app garden, which it had to restart from scratch after plowing under its previous Windows Mobile platform. In fact, Microsoft has been actively seeking top app shops and independent coders before ever announcing its first Windows phone.

continue at link above...

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
it's definitely a good move and they should be holding more them as the summer moves on and we get closer to WIN8 WP8

madhouse1616

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
it's definitely a good move and they should be holding more them as the summer moves on and we get closer to WIN8 WP8

I agree and hopefully this will bring widespread attention to the platform as they tie it in with Windows 8..as captain quirk said "sounds like fun"

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It would be interesting if VALVe came or Notch to see if they have a few ideas

I don't console game anymore so I am def. locked into Valve. I would love if they could get an app that lets you do everything you can do on the desktop client. Don't know about it though considering xbox's gamer points are somewhat in competition with Valve's achievement system.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3