PEBBLE For WP!!!

vault21x

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I don't know how familiar many of you may be with Pebble (Meet Pebble), but it's really a cool new piece of mobile tech and has become by far the most successful company to raise funds on Kickstarter:

Pebble: E-Paper Watch for iPhone and Android by Pebble Technology — Kickstarter

...Unfortunately, this awesome gadget is looking to come-out only supporting iOS and Android. I'd say that sucks and is a big loss for WP. I mean, you'd think with the boatloads of $$ they're raking-in they could hire a lowly WP developer, right?

Also, look at it. The simple clean interface screams metro. And the watches are all cool and matte and can be developed in various colours (sound familiar). I don't think Nokia could have designed a better compliment to the Lumia 800/900 (well, they probably could, but...).

I've posted to their forums to request a version and drum-up interest.
Please join and voice your desires for bringing the Pebble to WP (compatibility):

Pebble

Thanks!!!

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I was just thinking about that right now. It's like you read my mind! :p However (sadly) I've kinda gotten used to the idea that WP is still not THE third platform for developers. I'm not just talking about the pebble watch, but everything, everywhere! There's always a QR code for the Google play store, and a logo telling you to download whatever app it is from the Appstore, rarely any mention of WP :(

vault21x

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I was just thinking about that right now. It's like you read my mind! :p However (sadly) I've kinda gotten used to the idea that WP is still not THE third platform for developers. I'm not just talking about the pebble watch, but everything, everywhere! There's always a QR code for the Google play store, and a logo telling you to download whatever app it is from the Appstore, rarely any mention of WP :(
Then we must fight for it!

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
It gets a great big "meh" from me and I'm something of a gadget nut.

Ever since I've owned a mobile phone I have never had the need for a wrist watch. Sure it'd be nice to have a watch to wear on special occasions, but this is not that kind of watch.

I'll be amazed if even a quarter of the people who donated enough to buy themselves one of these, is still using it a month later.

zuner@heart

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I don't know how familiar many of you may be with Pebble (Meet Pebble), but it's really a cool new piece of mobile tech and has become by far the most successful company to raise funds on Kickstarter:

Pebble: E-Paper Watch for iPhone and Android by Pebble Technology — Kickstarter

...Unfortunately, this awesome gadget is looking to come-out only supporting iOS and Android. I'd say that sucks and is a big loss for WP. I mean, you'd think with the boatloads of $$ they're raking-in they could hire a lowly WP developer, right?

Also, look at it. The simple clean interface screams metro. And the watches are all cool and matte and can be developed in various colours (sound familiar). I don't think Nokia could have designed a better compliment to the Lumia 800/900 (well, they probably could, but...).

I've posted to their forums to request a version and drum-up interest.
Please join and voice your desires for bringing the Pebble to WP (compatibility):

Pebble

Thanks!!!
This isn't really a lack of support by the pebble team. It's a lack of support for the proper bluetooth protocols by WP7.x.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss