Receiving my own text messages in a Reply All for MMS?

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one who is getting my own reply when I'm replying to all on a MMS with multiple recipients? It's kind of annoying. Does anyone have a fix or setup change for this? Why would I want to receive the message I myself sent out to everyone?

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Idk. Check your messaging settings. Is group text on or off

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express
Group text is ON for me. I don't have a problem sending or receiving group text. My only nit is that when I reply to a group text, I in turn also get the reply from myself once it sends out.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well if you reply to some one sending you a txt and hit reply all , then your in the contact list ( like an E-mail ) so that's why your getting it or if your in the Group , then your sending to ALL group members including you.

if your creating a NEW txt , then i dunno why your in it. maybe MS set it up like that so you can double check the msg you sent? but that still doesn't make sens lol

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
dudes!!

If:

I send YOU a e-mail , and you hit reply all ... your the Original recipient so you WILL get it sent to you as well!!

its normal. lol

jwilliams2511

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Receiving my sent text

Nope, the original post is pointing out a bug. When I reply-all to a group text message, I see the threaded conversation on my phone, and my reply is shown twice - both on my side as a sender and on the recipient side. It shouldn't work that way - I'm the sender, not both the sender and the recipient, and the phone ought to be smart enough to differentiate between the two.

The reason why this seems to be happening is that I show up on the "To" line with my phone number, not my name. The group messaging app doesn't seem to recognize my own phone number and thus record it as "me." Is there a setting I can't find where I do this?

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
No. There are basically no settings than a few toggled and SMS center field in there.

Switch to an IM client and use groups there. It works better.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Shane Pachica

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Im also experiencing this. I didn't have this problem on my Win 7.5 phone. I guess we gotta bring this to their attention so they can work out the kinks and give us bug fixing updates. So did you ever figure out a solution?

... and on a side note. I miss bing maps. I just use local scout instead, but there is no longer a favorites section, and when you want voice directions you have to use nokia drive.:unhappy:

btw i have a Lumia 810

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
This is annoying me as well.

What's weird is that I had 8.1 on my 920 and wasn't having this problem. I just recently upgraded to a 1520 and did all the updates and now I'm getting this problem.

For some reason, WP doesn't recognize that one of the numbers is Me.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Turn off group text. Delete group threads. Reboot. Enable group texts. Fixed.

It is a bug, but I've only seen it on WP8.1 and only with a 1520, but I admit I only recently decided to enable group texting. Previously, I disabled it because it was annoying... still is, but I've decided to tolerate it, lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6