Focus randomly hard reset itself

bauerc15

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
So, I went and rebooted my phone this morning after I noticed that when I changed from one custom accent color to another, the change did not affect the entire system (the volume was still showing the old one, but the tiles were the new one). When it started to boot up, I was presented with the "update" screen that shows not to disconnect from your pc (was not connected at the time). Then the phone hung on the SAMSUNG screen for about a minute or two until finally the ATT screen showed up. Then I was greeted with the inital setup of the phone which is when I knew the phone hard reset.

I have a backup (or atleast I should) from my update to 8107. My question is, is that going to restore my developer unlock, keep all my custom colors, registry tweaks, etc? Or am I better off just reinstalling all my apps throughout the day. I would really like to keep my developer unlock as I do like my custom colors and messing around with homebrew apps.

Thoughts if my backup will restore my dev unlock and all my custom settings?

Samsung Focus v 1.3
Chevron Labs Unlocked (Paid one, not the original one)
OS 7.10.8107.79 (Edited Registry to get from Rogers Canada)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
your phone SHOULD stay dev-unlock , but you will need to re-install EVERYTHING. :(

worst case you might need to call MS, im pretty sure your DEV-unlock is ether linked to your LIVE ID or to your PHONE it self (with the serial number)

bauerc15

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
your phone SHOULD stay dev-unlock , but you will need to re-install EVERYTHING. :(

worst case you might need to call MS, im pretty sure your DEV-unlock is ether linked to your LIVE ID or to your PHONE it self (with the serial number)
So, are you saying to go ahead with all my installs and not worry about using my backup? Or attempt to recover from my backup file.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven