Why Looks Matter

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I went to go hang out with a few friends that I hadn't seen in a long time. We are sitting up at the bar talking and playing one of those video game touch screens. Anyways. 2 of my friends notice my cyan 900 and asked if that was a case. I just said," Nope, that's the way it looks naked!" One of the women grabbed it off the bar instantly picked it up and wanted to start playing with tiles. She never even heard of WP7 and was very interested with the looks and how it worked. Instead of using her own Android phone, she spend the next 20 minutes showing her facebook photos (yes through "People") to her friend on my 900.

Also, I hadn't messed with a iphone 4s in awhile and my buddy sitting next to me had his out. It is amazing how much better, more modern the Lumia/WP looks. He got his iPhone just to try something different and he said that he wasn't that impressed with it. Hopefully I can get him on a Windows Phone down the road when he can get a discount again.

Last edited:

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
It isn't a new design, its the same design from Symbian, yet those on the front page comments never realize that Nokia is guilty of recycling designs too. I don't really care about design I just care about if the phone works for me or not.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It isn't a new design, its the same design from Symbian, yet those on the front page comments never realize that Nokia is guilty of recycling designs too. I don't really care about design I just care about if the phone works for me or not.

I agree that a good looking phone doesn't mean much if it doesn't operate well. Point was that using a solid design with color got it noticed. For WP7 and phones running it, just having someone realize you exist is a very important first step!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
An item has to have visual appeal. Same goes for broads, if she ain't much to look at you'll be looking elsewhere. That's not a sexist remark, just pure biology. Stevie Wonder might disagree with me but I'll give him a pass.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Unlike my Focus and Surround, my cyan Lumia is the first WP I've owned that actually got people doing a double take, asking what phone it is and wanting to play with it. With my other WPs they kinda just shrugged them off after I tell them it's a Windows Phone.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
In the US the Lumia is an exotic looking device. I like the attention grabbing looks, then the things that follow about the ecosystem of WP7

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
being BETTER is not enough in our time and AGE..

its all about being Innovative (unique and different) thats what all the TOP people in ther world are claiming any ways .

and when u have the Iphone , RIM, Android ( android is still pretty good better then Iphoen and RIM any ways lol ) that haven been innovative in the last 4 years . it leaves ROOM for does clients to be attracted to WP.... :)

even if you find WP *boring* its still innovative :)

thats Why RIM and APPLE really need to come out with something HUGE on the next OS or I feel like WP will be making up some ground with WP8.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Actually its a design initially released for the Meego N9, and was used on the 800/900 because Nokia needed to get up and running with WP quickly. This is much different from the way HTC and Samsung recycle the same old designs year after year then pass them on to WP. Nokia have already released a unique design for the 610, and it remains to be seen what the next models they produce will look like, so this criticism is not really applicable to Nokia.

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
wait, im confused, a women picked up your phone then showed her facebook photo using your people hub? is she one of your friend? or else how did she manage to get her facebook photos to show up on your people hub? (im curious cause if there is a way, then id like to know how thanks)

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
wait, im confused, a women picked up your phone then showed her facebook photo using your people hub? is she one of your friend? or else how did she manage to get her facebook photos to show up on your people hub? (im curious cause if there is a way, then id like to know how thanks)

Yeah she is a friend of mine, one that I hadn't seen in sometime. So she just went to her name through my People hub and started looking at her 10,000 pictures

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Actually no, it's a recycled design for a meego device that no one really ever had in the whole western world and wasn't big anywhere else.

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Its funny to me actually Nokia did recycle the n9 twice once for the 800 and once for the 900 but it still looks better than all the sammy and htc recycles :p

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah she is a friend of mine, one that I hadn't seen in sometime. So she just went to her name through my People hub and started looking at her 10,000 pictures
10,000 pictures that she has or 10,000 pictures you have of her. Better specify 'cause you sound like a creepy-*** stalker. LOL

the_fly68

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Unlike my Focus and Surround, my cyan Lumia is the first WP I've owned that actually got people doing a double take, asking what phone it is and wanting to play with it. With my other WPs they kinda just shrugged them off after I tell them it's a Windows Phone.

I hear you on that one. I've had my Focus for over a year and no one's given it a second look. My wife gets a cyan 900 and the first day people are fawning over it. Just adds credence to the title of this thread.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't read it the way you do at all! I was saying that she has a ton of pictures on HER facebook account.
Chill brutha, just trying to lighten things up a bit. You were getting beat up a little over the Nokia design thing especially by eric12341. But I am worried over the way you reacted, are we hiding something?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Chill brutha, just trying to lighten things up a bit. You were getting beat up a little over the Nokia design thing especially by eric12341. But I am worried over the way you reacted, are we hiding something?

Lol, Something tells me I need to learn to show emotion or lack there of...I was taking anything too serious good sir :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster