05-09-2012 04:11 PM
- I have an HTC Radar. Sometimes when i search up windows phone news, i wonder whether i bought a phone with a mango OS or a Nokia OS!! Of course since the mango OS barely gets any news or support around here and since I don't have a nokia phone, I feel like I don't have any support at all! I feel so left out of the loop on every new update or app that comes out that I feel like switching to Android.
There are also severe problems with WP 7.5 that is still not addressed such as the option to turn off haptic feedback on the c.buttons or an easy on-off switch for WiFi. GPS is free on Android and free on Nokia but NOT WP 7.5! OK maybe I should whine against HTC but seriously... what is microsoft even doing these days in terms of support!? I've heard others complain about these simple problems since 2010 on WP7.0 and these issues still haven't been addressed two years later?
Nowadays, all I hear is some rumors about apollo and how "older generation phones" (Radar, Titan 2, focus S) won't be able to update to it! If that is the case... here is what I would be left with on my radar...
1. non-existent settings (ringtone, haptic feedback, vibration)
2. terrible apps
3. marketplace without filter searching and other poorly designed microsoft stuff.
4. terrible WP 7.5 UI (why cant apps be in icon style rather than a huge list!?)
I love the clean look of windows phone but as of now... it seems like a lot of us is gonna get our backs stabbed and left out in the dust.05-09-2012 03:16 PM
- 05-09-2012 03:32 PM
- 05-09-2012 03:34 PM
Oh, and http://www.slashgear.com/flipboard-f...sive-03225836/05-09-2012 03:35 PMLike 2
- 05-09-2012 03:39 PM
- 05-09-2012 03:39 PM
- 05-09-2012 03:40 PM
- HeyCoriMod EmeritusGPS is free on Android and free on Nokia but NOT WP 7.5! OK maybe I should whine against HTC but seriously...05-09-2012 03:49 PM
- A smartphone is a tool, just like any other computing device. Use the one that works best for you and your needs. It does kind of stink that we are missing certain apps, but if phone==apps (and for some people, it really does), then right now the WP ecosystem is still too new and probably isn't for you. If you've got a radar, it's probably pretty old by now - you might be able to upgrade to something that works better for you, soon, that would have what you're looking for (like the iPhone or Android). Be aware those platforms have their own flaws (Android performance, fragmentation, updates, carrier support; iPhone small screen, somewhat poorer call quality, no LTE, expensive), but if those aren't important impediments to you, that's what you should go with.
Good luck in finding a platform that works best for you - that's really what finding a good smartphone *for you* is all about :).05-09-2012 03:50 PM
Complaining here isn't going to do anything about it,Microsoft doesn't read these threads. There are alternative apps that use pandora and theres also even the html5 site. There arw also better alternatives to pandora such as Last.FM,iHeartRadio, slacker radio and zune pass, so Angry birds and Pandora aren't everything, stop following what the media says.05-09-2012 04:09 PM
- thanks guys... i am more chill now. I really love my windows phone but i just really hope the older generation gets the apollo update or at least some sort of update to address those issues. As for apps.. i hope microsoft gets more lenient on their app policy and encourage more developers on this platform05-09-2012 04:11 PMLike 2
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD