Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DanSmithKY
  • 1 Post By PG2G
    Developer

I recently purchased some space from SkyDrive and then moved the 'My Pictures' location on my PC to reside within SkyDrive (RIght Click -> Properties -> Location Tab). This synced nearly 50GB of photos to SkyDrive; however, now the 'Pictures from SkyDrive' album no longer appears on my Phone in the Pictures Hub. Only the Camera Roll, Saved, and Albums from Facebook show up.
    Developer

That's weird. Have you tried a soft reset on your phone? Or perhaps there is some sort of goofy setting on skydrive that is inhibiting things.

An alternate way to access the pics would be to get the SkyDrive app from the Marketplace and use that. Then perhaps you could check with the MS WP Support site if we aren't able to help you here.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: DanSmithKY
    Thanked by:
    evilrobot likes this.

If you log into your skydrive on your computer, do the folders have a photo folder icon (or show up when you click photos)?
    Thanked by:
    evilrobot likes this.
    Developer

Quote Originally Posted by PG2G View Post
    If you log into your skydrive on your computer, do the folders have a photo folder icon (or show up when you click photos)?
    Dude, you are awesome! I didn't know you had to change the folder type (or how to do so). Strange that I had to since I just merged it with the existing 'Pictures' folder on SkyDrive, don't know that the average person will know to do this - then again, the average person probably isn't going to be moving their My Pictures library to SkyDrive.

Yeah, I came in here to say that you have to change the folder type to pictures!

Ok, This is old I know, but how do I change the folder type in windows 8? I think this will be the answer to my problem as well.
    Last edited by rpm1984; 11-28-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Now once you do this how long does it take for it to show in the Pictures Hub? I tried a reset and no luck.