If VZW doesn't get a Windows Phone 7.5/WP8 this year, what will be your next device?

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Verizon works best for me where I live. Switching carriers is not an option for me, so maybe an Android a device.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like a thread trolling people to get an android device. This simply won't happen because VZ and T-mo were found testing a WP8 LTE device.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm really hoping for a WP on Verizon. I'm planning on using my wife's upgrade in November. I'm longing for a Titan-sized Nokia in cyan with a super duper camera and LTE. If something for WP8 isn't out on Verizon at that time I don't know what I'll do. I doubt I'll be able to hold out long, the reception on the Trophy is driving me batty.

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a thread trolling people to get an android device. This simply won't happen because VZ and T-mo were found testing a WP8 LTE device.

I doubt that's what this thread is about. I am hoping Verizon gets another WP, but if they do not. Since I, and some others have no desire to own an iPhone, Android is the only other option.
Keep in mind, they're testing another WP, there is nothing in stone yet that we will see it. ;-)

smapor

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Windows 8 tablet.......

Because you know Android tablet is doing really well

And I am sure Verizon wants to turn into an Apple store....;)

madhouse1616

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I highly doubt Verizon will be skipping out of the Win8 phone platform...

Nokia Lumia 900 Selling Out, Company Courts Verizon: Report - Mobile and Wireless - News & Reviews - eWeek.com

Nokia Lumia 900 demand continues to outpace supply, and the Finnish phone maker is working on courting Verizon wireless, the company?s U.S. president told a reporter at CTIA. Nokia still faces a difficult road to rectify its financial outlook. (further in the article)

The PC Magazine report alluded to another development that could help Nokia?s position?support from Verizon Wireless, the nation?s largest carrier. Verizon doesn?t currently offer a Lumia phone, or any phone running the new Windows Phone platform, but Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam has expressed a need in the industry for a third major platform?mostly, analysts say, to lessen carriers? reliance on the Apple iPhone.

?We're not making any announcements, but we understand the importance of Verizon and we're working hard to make that a reality," Weber told PC Magazine?s Sascha Segan.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Will probably stick with my Trophy. I have an iPhone 4S I bought but it may get sold or get activated on my wife's line. Not switching carriers, so my options are limited.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't have Verizon, but if I was deep in a contract and they didn't get new Windows Phones, I'd go with the iPhone 5 this fall. It will be a cold day in **** before I get another Android phone. I'd think I'd get a BlackBerry before an Android again believe it or not. Android is pure dogsh** in my experience.

But, I'm with AT&T so it's a non-issue at this point. If Verizon steps up their game and has some nice Nokia Windows Phone 8 devices when my contract is up, then I will definitely take a look. I have had no problems with AT&T but I know Verizon is known to have better service, more LTE etc.

The one thing I love about AT&T is the rollover minutes and unlimited mobile-to-mobile. It means I can opt for a cheaper 450 min plan and easily not go over my minutes. I also like that their 3G is faster than Verizons by a wide margin, so when you are in an area without LTE coverage, you can still get reasonable speeds with the HSPA+ and enhanced backhaul. I can also surf the web and talk on the phone at the same time, which is very nice. I'm sure Verizon will have that before too long though.

The one downside is that AT&T's LTE isn't widespread yet, so I don't even get LTE in my area yet. :dry

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
What I'm really going to do is just like I did when I got this Trophy. I'm going to go to the store and play with phones several times, read lots of reviews and watch plenty of youtube videos on various phones. Then I'll make my decison. That's what I did when I got my Trophy and I think that's turned out pretty good so far. I will say that I can't see getting a WP 7.5 with my upgrade in November, but I am hoping for WP8 to be available.

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I look forward to a WP8 phone just to have a new and assumed better O/S. However, other than better battery life, I can't say I'm really wanting anything more than my Trophy currently offers. I could stick with it for a while yet with no problem. I usually like a new phone every year, but nothing is screaming I gotta have it to me. I definitely don't want a larger phone, I don't need any more processing power than the Trophy. A little better camera and better battery life is all I really want that I don't already have with my Trophy. Odd... most people hate this "slug" of a phone, right?

ChristianKing

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting the Windows Phone device that features the Purview tech next. I have the Lumia 900, a Nexus Phone, and an iPhone, but I like Windows phone and will stick with it through another release cycle. I doubt Apple gets radical with the iPhone 5 even though they really need to if they're going to keep their cool factor edge. I like taking pictures with my phone, so my next pocket full of cash is going where the pictures are the best and from what I've seen from all existing competitors, the Pureview tech is a game changer.

Verizon has unofficially stated they will have an LTE windows phone from Nokia featuring Apollo. Nokia wants access to Verizon's customer base so it will happen, even if Nokia has to bend over backwards to make it happen.

Arcturos

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
If no WP8, I will get a BB10.
In fact I plan to wait until they are both out and decide between them then.
Android is not an option and iphone is the fall back.

I will have a new phone Oct/Nov. regardless. as long my current one lasts that long.

madhouse1616

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't have Verizon, but if I was deep in a contract and they didn't get new Windows Phones, I'd go with the iPhone 5 this fall. It will be a cold day in **** before I get another Android phone. I'd think I'd get a BlackBerry before an Android again believe it or not. Android is pure dogsh** in my experience.

But, I'm with AT&T so it's a non-issue at this point. If Verizon steps up their game and has some nice Nokia Windows Phone 8 devices when my contract is up, then I will definitely take a look. I have had no problems with AT&T but I know Verizon is known to have better service, more LTE etc.

The one thing I love about AT&T is the rollover minutes and unlimited mobile-to-mobile. It means I can opt for a cheaper 450 min plan and easily not go over my minutes. I also like that their 3G is faster than Verizons by a wide margin, so when you are in an area without LTE coverage, you can still get reasonable speeds with the HSPA+ and enhanced backhaul. I can also surf the web and talk on the phone at the same time, which is very nice. I'm sure Verizon will have that before too long though.

The one downside is that AT&T's LTE isn't widespread yet, so I don't even get LTE in my area yet. :dry

Add the text messaging plan to the downside

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte