When will WP be able to do screenshots?

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Besides getting the phone to do screenshots with an unlocked device, will WP have this feature in the future?
It's just one of these things that make phones more fun.
Anybody else want this? I'd like to see WP on websites like DYAC. :]

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well no confirm dates as of yet ,

specially that some places are claiming we wont actually get WP running Apollo till Q1 of 2013!

nothing is official yet , MS should give us a HEADS UP of whats to come in the next 2-3 months!!!

Los

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
well no confirm dates as of yet ,

specially that some places are claiming we wont actually get WP running Apollo till Q1 of 2013!

nothing is official yet , MS should give us a HEADS UP of whats to come in the next 2-3 months!!!

I don't want them to tell us just for the sake of telling us just cause we want to know so bad. I'd rather they surprise us closer to release so the competition doesn't have a chance to copy what MS is doing like they did with mango. MS worse mistake was revealing mango too soon. Apple had a chance to steal some features for iOS5 before MS even had a chance to shine themselves

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't want them to tell us just for the sake of telling us just cause we want to know so bad. I'd rather they surprise us closer to release so the competition doesn't have a chance to copy what MS is doing like they did with mango. MS worse mistake was revealing mango too soon. Apple had a chance to steal some features for iOS5 before MS even had a chance to shine themselves

yeah but!.

what haoppends is that , MS tells us about the UPDATE then right after that, DEV's get the BETA to start testing apps. and that's normally 2-5 monthts BEFOR it actually coems out.. soo we cant avoid Rumors

I understand what you mean with Mango , the build up was HUGE then its disappointing

its up to us to take it easy on RUMOR threads :p

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Besides getting the phone to do screenshots with an unlocked device, will WP have this feature in the future?
It's just one of these things that make phones more fun.
Anybody else want this? I'd like to see WP on websites like DYAC. :]

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
Chevron Labs will "developer" unlock your device for a small fee (it's the commercial legal version of the original Chevron tools)

ChevronWP7 Labs

Aimed ad devs who don't want to pay for a full app hub license which testing / side loading xaps to their windows phone device.

*Note you will still need a AhhHub account (paid) to submit to the marketplace or an agreement with a global distributor like Yalla apps

Hope this helps!

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Chevron Labs will "developer" unlock your device for a small fee (it's the commercial legal version of the original Chevron tools)

ChevronWP7 Labs

Aimed ad devs who don't want to pay for a full app hub license which testing / side loading xaps to their windows phone device.

*Note you will still need a AhhHub account (paid) to submit to the marketplace or an agreement with a global distributor like Yalla apps

Hope this helps!

I think Chevron shut down, they havent been giving out tokens and i believe announced recently they are not renewing their program. Those with tokens have a limited amount of time left to keep their devices unlocked.

Now, you must go to MS and pay $99 to unlock...

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
yeah but!.

what haoppends is that , MS tells us about the UPDATE then right after that, DEV's get the BETA to start testing apps. and that's normally 2-5 monthts BEFOR it actually coems out.. soo we cant avoid Rumors

I understand what you mean with Mango , the build up was HUGE then its disappointing

its up to us to take it easy on RUMOR threads :p

I must be crazy, because I haven't found Mango disappointing at all. Sure it's not perfect, but it took my phone to another level.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
That's interesting. Can you please give some examples of such stolen Mango features?

I can only think of one, the camera roll, they copied the mango version of it. It is much different in iOS4 verses iOS5. The only other thing that is similar is that you can now launch the camera from the lock screen (if you have it enabled)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I must be crazy, because I haven't found Mango disappointing at all. Sure it's not perfect, but it took my phone to another level.

well I dint ether to be honest ,but we had SO MANY wrong rumors that created the disappointment. ( like we starting to do now for Apollo) hence why I had started my WP getting started Thread when it came out , witch was originally WP7.5: the not so obvious , ( witch was just me RENTING a WALL of txt lol ) so I turned it into a getting started therad instead lol. :lol:

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
you've got to be kidding right? you resurrected a year old thread to say that? Are you from Microsoft? Cause that looks like the same kind of non answer they post on their answers site.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven