Trip to AT&T store yesterday...

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a white Lumia 900 with the purple screen issue. So I thought I would go to the AT&T store and see if they had a white one without the issue. Long story short on that - they didn't So I am holding tight until Nokia fixes it.

While I was there a mother with two daughters came in and wanted to buy 3 iPhones. The sales person looked at them and said "Why?". The lady was kind of shocked (and I was too) and she shrugged. He went on to say everything I have been saying about Apple products since I started using WP. The interface is ugly, old looking, the OS is restrictive and Apple is slow to fix anything wrong. He went into a lot more detail about what he didn't like about the iphone.

He then pulled out a Lumia 900 and started showing her all the facebook integration. He pinned a friend to a tile and showed how it worked. He was pushing the 900 hard and the girls loved the cyan model.

They ended up leaving with 3 900s.

I had no idea AT&T was going to push the 900s so hard. If this continues I bet we will see WP bite into Apple's user base soon.

On a negative note though, my girlfriend asked about getting a Titan II (she likes the titan a lot) and he totally steered her away from it. While I am not the biggest HTC fan I wish they pushed all Windows Phones the same.

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have been see this at the corporate AT&T stores. But the independents are still steering people to Android and Apple. I was trying to reactivate my Focus on a new number on my account at an independent store and the guy kept asking me to look at the HTC androids for a new phone verses the focus.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I think that attitude will change with time. A "trickle down effect" should occur and the more independent stores will push it equally.

For the US the big deal now is Verizon acceptance. Once they jump fully on board with 2 or 3 high end Windows Phones it will be safe to call WP the third major phone OS.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Amazing what a little cash incentive will do. After all, they are salesmen (err, salespeople).

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
This story isn't the case at all the ATT stores I go to. I go to about 3 different stores, and I always here them on the Android or iphone train, no matter how big the Nokia sign is behind them. lol. I applaud those guys/gals that give each phone a fair shake though.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Nice job on the sabotaged iPhone sales. I seen a similar thing at a T-mobile store in the 710 exclusivity days. I would walk pass and see the salesperson showing them the windows phones.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The store I went into, I said that my old blackberry died and that I wanted something new and fresh. I said what about an IPhone? The sales lady said well if you want new and want fresh you should have a look at the Nokia 900 running the new WP7.5 so of course I said no way windows mobile? she said No the new WP7.5. I asked is it good? she took hers out of her pocket Nice cyan device and showed me all about the phone, showed how to pin and move tiles to pin contacts how the people hub worked the whole thing. I asked well doesn't the apple job have all the apps? Yes they have many more apps she said. But WP7.5 has all the important ones and more coming everyday. Then she started to tell me all about the Nokia apps that came with the device....she did an outstanding job and I told her so and also told her manager. It's getting better.

Fleon

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
On a negative note though, my girlfriend asked about getting a Titan II (she likes the titan a lot) and he totally steered her away from it. While I am not the biggest HTC fan I wish they pushed all Windows Phones the same.

I would steer anyone away from the Titan as well. The current crop of HTC phones (including their flagship One X, heh) has a huge bug- you can't leave WiFi on. If you do, data will just randomly stop until you either toggle WiFi or reboot the phone. No messages, no push, no updates... and no way to tell any of this is happening until you try to load something online.

It's the reason I don't have a Titan II. I had a Titan, but after dealing with that annoyance for 3 months I was not about to go through that again.

So negativity for WP? Maybe not. Maybe just rational negativity for a lousy phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786