05-17-2012 08:16 AM
- Below is my email and their response. Seems like a blow off to me. I am still looking for a good streaming source. I kind of like spotify but Pandora was just so easy to jump into a playlist. It's not nearly as easy with Spotify.. I'll keep looking though.
David | Pandora
MAY 14, 2012 | 03:11PM PDT
Thanks for your feedback regarding the Windows Phone and our lack of an app for it.
We are focused on making Pandora the best music-streaming service available, so we will definitely keep your input in mind as we continue to work on our site.
Thanks for your help!
PANDORA internet radio
Need help? Pandora | Help
How helpful was my reply?
Lack of mobile support
MAY 14, 2012 | 10:59AM PDT
I am sure this email won't go to anyone that cares but I feel like I should send it anyways.
I just turned off my auto subscription to Pandora due to lack of support for the Windows Phone mobile platform. I am also making sure to never recommend anyone use Pandora for their music streaming for that reason.
There really is no excuse not to support as many platforms as possible. Several developers have shown how easy it is to make an app to stream Pandora on Windows Phone and I am sure they would be more than willing to work with engineers at Pandora to make an official app at a very small expense.
Windows Phone has well over 10,000,000 users and is growing rapidly in the US due to the new Lumia line. Missing out on all those potential customers is foolish.
Well, I am off to listen to Spotify now. Their Windows Phone client is great! It has a great metro look and works perfectly.
I very much enjoyed Pandora while it lasted but I guess all good things come to an end.
Thank you for years of good music,05-15-2012 08:11 AM
- HeyCoriMod EmeritusHaven't you heard the good news?
Pandora confirms they are not working on a Windows Phone client (yet) | WMPoweruser
Show them how much you care by supporting another service like Spotify or Zune.05-15-2012 08:16 AM
- I have Zune pass, as I had it for 5 years but the SmartDJ could use a little tweaking. I've used other internet music clients such as Last.FM, Slacker, etc. The 3rd party Pandora client MetroRadio works the best in my opinion. To me, the music library Pandora has is suberb. This is why I will continue to use Pandora, but when the API is broke, I use Slacker.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express05-15-2012 09:08 AM
Also it just stops playing for no reason at all, and you have to start it again. And even worse is that it keep playing Bruno Mars's it will rain, even though I had banned that song 7 times.05-15-2012 09:51 AM
- i MSG the Official F1 site to to get a F1 app , and i basically got the same response..
but what seems to be happening is that these BIG names are waiting for WP8/W8We are focused on making Pandora the best music-streaming service available, so we will definitely keep your input in mind as we continue to work on our site.05-15-2012 11:26 AM
- They could simply authorize one of the third party apps and be done with it. Like I said in my email to them there is no excuse. Dev time in something like this would be so minimal. It's got to be personal at this point. There is no business reason to not release a WP client.
I will miss Pandora but it's already been replaced. I just need to get used to Spotify and I will be all set. I just found some real good play lists and am rocking out at work again :)05-15-2012 12:19 PM
- I must be the only one in the world who prefers last.fm. I tried Pandora on my android multiple time, but I just cant get into it, plus my last.fm profile is on the xbox also, but I hope u guys get the app, I know a lot of people feel like they cant switch to wp7 without it.
I dont think they are waiting for wp8, I think there is some behind the scenes things that went on and Pandora hates WP.05-15-2012 04:51 PM
- Back in the day they were the little guy getting squeezed by the labels and on the edge of being fee-ed out of business.
Now they are the big guy stomping on the little 3rd party WP app guys. Guess they learned from the best how to be @$$holes...
Eff them :mad: - last.fm, iheartradio, etc, or etc FTW!05-15-2012 06:16 PMLike 5
- Slacker Radio is just awful. Not only is laggy, its downright dangerous. I almost had a car accident trying to get the dumb thing to work. I have a love tile on today's hits. I should only have to press it and enjoy my music but noooo, I have to keep pressing play at least 5 times, so it's very distracting.
Also it just stops playing for no reason at all, and you have to start it again. And even worse is that it keep playing Bruno Mars's it will rain, even though I had banned that song 7 times.
I do not have the same issues with slacker that you are, I have experienced the stop playing issue maybe a couple times but none of the other issues. Maybe you should try iHeartRadio or Last.Fm instead.05-15-2012 07:47 PM
- 05-15-2012 11:10 PM
- I think Slacker's interface could use some work. Also, pinning an artist station shows a plain tile that has the Slacker logo. It flips to show... the Slacker logo. How dumb. After using it for about twenty minutes, heard an ad. Deleted and never looked back. I will give them credit for letting you skip and pause from the volume controls.
Currently using iHeart and Zune Pass.05-15-2012 11:23 PM
- 05-16-2012 05:18 AM
- Odd that no-one mentioned Rdio. They have a WP7 client.
Personally I'd pick Zune Pass over any of them at this time still if I only had a Windows Phone (and you aren't, like me, in the position of having multiple mobile OS's), but still - the options are improving.05-16-2012 06:54 AM
- 05-16-2012 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD