Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Old_Cus

So, I know there isn't any smart dial function (this is really stupid imo), so does anyone have any alternatives for looking if you have a phone number already associated with a contact? I already tried searching in the People hub, but that didn't work. Any apps perhaps?

Global Posts
    2,867 Global Posts
    On mine, when you search the people hub and type in the number, one of the options is to "search Google directory." When I do that, it gives me the contact with that number. Now, of course, I am syncing my contacts to Google.

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    I think rapdialer does what you're looking for.
    Regards,
    Joel Rushworth
    Victoria, B.C.

Nokia 6188 - AudioVox PPC6600 - HTC 8125 - Lg eXpo GW820 - Lumia 710 - Lumia 920 - Lumia 1020

Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    On mine, when you search the people hub and type in the number, one of the options is to "search Google directory." When I do that, it gives me the contact with that number. Now, of course, I am syncing my contacts to Google.
    I'm using Windows Live, and I don't get that option at all. Frustrating when Microsoft does things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gwydionjhr View Post
    I think rapdialer does what you're looking for.
    This actually does exactly what I'm doing for. I think Microsoft should buy these guys and just make this their dialer....

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    You might want to try an app called People Search. I downloaded it last week and I'm liking it.
    ...When you judge someone you tell more about yourself than the person you are judging.
    Thanked by:
    cedarlog and ChristyWhite like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Cus View Post
    You might want to try an app called People Search. I downloaded it last week and I'm liking it.
    Woww, cool tip you post, I've had the People Search installed.

Thanks a lot.;)
    Last edited by ChristyWhite; 06-19-2012 at 05:42 AM.

People Search great app :)
    Quote Originally Posted by sdreamer View Post
    I think Microsoft should buy these guys and just make this their dialer....
    I agree! RapDialer is fantastic!

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    My brain stopped memorizing phone numbers when I got my first Palm Pilot. Figured all I needed after that was part of a name or company. Don't seem to have a problem finding a number, using name/company search in the People Hub. Then again, I don't have a thousand name in there. If a number appears with a text, I know it's not someone on my list, so no need to search.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502