Does the People Hub communicate directly with Facebook or route through live.com?

MrSean490

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Just curious: When I upload something via the people hub, or download a message, image etc - is that coming to and from facebook.com directly? Reason I'm asking is I get unlimited Facebook access on my data plan, but not live.com access. So if all this is routing through live.com first, then I'll probably be getting metered. So if anybody knows for sure, that'll be great. If it does turn out to be routing thru live, I'll just use the official FB app or use m.facebook.com anyway, but yeah, need confirmation :)

Cheers.

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I think that Facebook is independent from live, since you can theoretically setup your phone with just a Facebook account, without a Live ID. Try it out if you want since I'm not sure about what I just said...

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm pretty sure when a carrier gives you unlimited Facebook access, its through the browser and not a Facebook app. People Hub is technically a Facebook app.

MrSean490

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
You know, if you're really curious, you can (if you're on a wifi network) set up a PC as a proxy for your Windows Phone traffic:
Fiddler Web Debugger - Debugging Windows Phone Traffic

Originally was designed for dev debugging, but I've used it for other forensics as well and it helps.

Interesting idea - thanks for this suggestion. When I get some time I'm going to give this a go.

One quick question: Would the people hub be using HTTPS (encrypted) traffic? Just need to know if installing that root cert to trust fiddler for decryption will be necessary?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3