Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Just found this link and thought I should leave it here.
    Dunno if the source is trusted or not..
    My Microsoft Life Rep says that Windows Phone 8 is for current gen phones

I've got a Samsung Focus that I've loved since launch in 2010, but I'm due for an upgrade in just a few weeks. I'm fighting back and forth weather I should go ahead and get the Nokia Lumia 900 or wait it out until the new Win8 phones come out. If the Lumia 900 will get the Apollo upgrade, I may jump on that phone.

Anyone have any details as to what sort of improvements new phone hardware will have with WP8?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    im on the original FOCUS as well , im just waiting for the WP8 phones.

specially with the new RUMORED NOKIA phones that got announced today ...

NOKIA PURPHIL!! ( purview any one? )
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Global Posts
    996 Global Posts
    Just wondering....

This thread did not get locked, but this one did for posting the exact same thing two days ago: http://forums.wpcentral.com/os-discussion/192321.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post
    Just wondering....

This thread did not get locked, but this one did for posting the exact same thing two days ago: http://forums.wpcentral.com/os-discussion/192321.htm
    Very Valid question, but I'm waiting on an official announcement from MS before I believe anything, It really doesn't matter to me since I'm getting a WP8 device anyway in nov

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Unless the Windows phone team comes out and says it I wouldn't even give this another look. This would be useful for people who just bought a Lumia or have one of the nicer Samsung phones but I wouldn't expect HTC to do a good job supporting my HD7.

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    I understand how important it is to have a phone that can handle the next gen OS. Oddly enough, there are a plethora of 'Droid phones that can't even handle a 2.x upgrade and I don't hear anyone over there screaming about that. I think that just goes to show you that once people get more smartphone savvy you'll see people jumping that platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by six6xis View Post
    Unless the Windows phone team comes out and says it I wouldn't even give this another look. This would be useful for people who just bought a Lumia or have one of the nicer Samsung phones but I wouldn't expect HTC to do a good job supporting my HD7.
    HTC has consistently rolled out updates to the HD7 so yes it will be supported.

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
    HTC has consistently rolled out updates to the HD7 so yes it will be supported.
    I didn't realize HTC was the one writing WP8 software...just saying...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    if one of them does they all will... maybe not the low end phones ( orbit , 610 )
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!