Just found this link and thought I should leave it here.
    Dunno if the source is trusted or not..
    My Microsoft Life Rep says that Windows Phone 8 is for current gen phones
    05-25-2012 02:55 AM
    I've got a Samsung Focus that I've loved since launch in 2010, but I'm due for an upgrade in just a few weeks. I'm fighting back and forth weather I should go ahead and get the Nokia Lumia 900 or wait it out until the new Win8 phones come out. If the Lumia 900 will get the Apollo upgrade, I may jump on that phone.

Anyone have any details as to what sort of improvements new phone hardware will have with WP8?
    05-25-2012 12:46 PM
    im on the original FOCUS as well , im just waiting for the WP8 phones.

specially with the new RUMORED NOKIA phones that got announced today ...

NOKIA PURPHIL!! ( purview any one? )
    05-25-2012 01:08 PM
    Just wondering....

This thread did not get locked, but this one did for posting the exact same thing two days ago: http://forums.windowscentral.com/os-...ion/192321.htm
    05-25-2012 01:22 PM
    Just wondering....

This thread did not get locked, but this one did for posting the exact same thing two days ago: http://forums.windowscentral.com/os-...ion/192321.htm
    Very Valid question, but I'm waiting on an official announcement from MS before I believe anything, It really doesn't matter to me since I'm getting a WP8 device anyway in nov
    05-26-2012 02:30 AM
    Unless the Windows phone team comes out and says it I wouldn't even give this another look. This would be useful for people who just bought a Lumia or have one of the nicer Samsung phones but I wouldn't expect HTC to do a good job supporting my HD7.
    05-26-2012 06:36 AM
    I understand how important it is to have a phone that can handle the next gen OS. Oddly enough, there are a plethora of 'Droid phones that can't even handle a 2.x upgrade and I don't hear anyone over there screaming about that. I think that just goes to show you that once people get more smartphone savvy you'll see people jumping that platform.
    05-26-2012 02:05 PM
    Unless the Windows phone team comes out and says it I wouldn't even give this another look. This would be useful for people who just bought a Lumia or have one of the nicer Samsung phones but I wouldn't expect HTC to do a good job supporting my HD7.
    HTC has consistently rolled out updates to the HD7 so yes it will be supported.
    05-26-2012 07:26 PM
    HTC has consistently rolled out updates to the HD7 so yes it will be supported.
    I didn't realize HTC was the one writing WP8 software...just saying...
    05-27-2012 12:50 PM
    if one of them does they all will... maybe not the low end phones ( orbit , 610 )
    05-27-2012 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD