Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jimski
  • 1 Post By eric12341
  1.    #1  
    Alright so I'm not sure where to post this but I need advice. I think it is something wrong with the OS on my phone. I have the Samsung Focus (first model)
    Ok so my problems started about a week or 2 ago when my phone started to randomly turn off. My phone didn't work for about 2 days last week. I thought it was a problem with the battery but I don't think it is. I have gotten my phone to work this week but here is the thing, sometimes when I hit the lock button it will give me the power down slide screen. I will slide it off to say I don't want it to power down but it will still turn it self off. Whenever I boot up the phone also it sometimes won't turn on. It will be on the Samsung screen and then just go black. Then I have to remove and reinsert the battery. It is getting annoying.
    I am not sure why this is happening but idk what to do. I only have 3 months left on my contract and I don't want to get a replacement phone from At&t....
    Should I do a software reset on my phone?
    I know it was long a long post but I really need some info ASAP!!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,269 Global Posts
    Reset your phone. If you have a memory stick in the phone, remove it before resetting the phone.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    To clarify. Hard reset your phone. Settings>About>Reset.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502
    palandri likes this.
    Sounds like a corrupted microSD card if you have one installed that is. A corrupted microSD card can prevent the OS from booting or functioning properly. That's why MS was opposed to the idea of using them so I would try removing that first and if not then there's some other hardware problem that can only be resolved by replacing the unit.
    Reflexx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
    Sounds like a corrupted microSD card if you have one installed that is. A corrupted microSD card can prevent the OS from booting or functioning properly. That's why MS was opposed to the idea of using them so I would try removing that first and if not then there's some other hardware problem that can only be resolved by replacing the unit.
    I agree that this is what it sounds like.

Do you have a MicroSD card installed?