Which One Would You Get?

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
It's a tough call between the Focus S and Lumia 710, but I'd say its for sure one of those two. Personally, I am not much for Samsung (their devices feel like cheap toys in hand), and love the Nokia exclusive apps, so I'd go for the 710. But if slimness and screen size are your biggest concerns the Focus S would be the way to go.

Agree with this 100%.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
how many of these phone we mentioned got the lastest update to 8107 I believe is the lastest? Cause now I just read somewhere that AT&T is skipping the latest update or something like that

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

All Lumia's already have that update and any Nokia Windows Phone has an arguably better chance of getting future updates in a timely matter than anything else IMO.

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I'd pick the 710 or the Flash. Just my personal crazy theory, but I suspect any current WP7 device with a 1.4Ghz processor might be the dividing line between upgrade to WP8, or not. (The Radar is only 1.0Ghz)

Bit of a long shot 'cause MS has been so tightlipped (and good on'em I say) but we might find out June 20th whether or not which if any phones will be eligible for upgrade to WP8. And then again, we might not.

There is a PentaBand version of the 710 available from Canadian sources. CanadaGSM has it for $230. You never know, that AWS 1700 band might come in handy if you ever want to switch carriers.

Also not discussed here at all is the Lumia 800. I think it's by far and away the most beautiful of all of the WPs. MS has been giving them out to dev's in the states, and there are a surprising number up on Ebay.

Duct Tape Panties

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 21377

Got the Samsung Focus Flash

Decided on the SFF because after looking at reviews and specs over and over again for days, I realized that SFF has almost the same specs as the Focus S and the Lumia 900, minus the nokia apps, bigger screen, better camera and probably better front facing camera. But I can live with that. Plus I just caught this baby on craigslist in mint condition with box, only used for a week, with a newly applied Anti-glare screen protector for only $125. I'm gonna recoup most of that back when I sell this Droid X in a few days. Thanks for the replies good people, feels good to be back on Windows Phone. See ya 'round the forums.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 21377

Got the Samsung Focus Flash

Decided on the SFF because after looking at reviews and specs over and over again for days, I realized that SFF has almost the same specs as the Focus S and the Lumia 900, minus the nokia apps, bigger screen, better camera and probably better front facing camera. But I can live with that. Plus I just caught this baby on craigslist in mint condition with box, only used for a week, with a newly applied Anti-glare screen protector for only $125. I'm gonna recoup most of that back when I sell this Droid X in a few days. Thanks for the replies good people, feels good to be back on Windows Phone. See ya 'round the forums.

Welcome aboard, sir.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett