Which One Would You Get?

Duct Tape Panties

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming back to WP after a 9 month stint on Android. I don't care what apps they don't have yet, I miss WP. I've had 2 Samsung Focuses and a HTC HD7 before I went and gave Android a shot. I'm shopping around for a T-Mobile or AT&T phone I can use on Straight Talk, H20, Red Pocket or Jolt. Can't afford the Nokia Lumia 900 or any of the HTC Titans right now, but I wish. If you were me, which one would you get?

*Edit* I've narrowed my choices to the Samsung Focus Flash, the Nokia Lumia 710 or the HTC Radar 4G. Which would you pick out of these three?

Last edited:

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
If you are looking for a budget phone, the Lumia 710 is probably your best bet. If budget isn't a concern, I would go with the titan 2.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
It's a tough call between the Focus S and Lumia 710, but I'd say its for sure one of those two. Personally, I am not much for Samsung (their devices feel like cheap toys in hand), and love the Nokia exclusive apps, so I'd go for the 710. But if slimness and screen size are your biggest concerns the Focus S would be the way to go.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
My advice I am on Net10 AT&T Sim same has ST Program.

Focus S or Flash would be easiest to setup to work with Straighttalk and get all the features working. not sure about the Focus 2 if it has the Wireless Manager it should has well. The Apn Data in particular - MMS, TellMe, Bing Maps, etc..Has Samsung Wireless Manager you can fully edit the apn. And it you stick with AT&T Sim Card phone does not have to be unlocked to work either.

HTC and Nokia do have apps that allow you to change apn data. But not fully like the Samsung have so you have to live without some of the features until they can get the apps fully update or they get enough complaints to add the features..

Duct Tape Panties

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
My advice I am on Net10 AT&T Sim same has ST Program.

Focus S or Flash would be easiest to setup to work with Straighttalk and get all the features working. not sure about the Focus 2 if it has the Wireless Manager it should has well. The Apn Data in particular - MMS, TellMe, Bing Maps, etc..Has Samsung Wireless Manager you can fully edit the apn. And it you stick with AT&T Sim Card phone does not have to be unlocked to work either.

HTC and Nokia do have apps that allow you to change apn data. But not fully like the Samsung have so you have to live without some of the features until they can get the apps fully update or they get enough complaints to add the features..
i heard about that, something about the MMS not working on non-Samsung phones on prepaid carriers. that Samsung Focus S is starting to look real nice right now, plus I know a dude that'll sell me one for $150

btw CorePC, why did you choose Net 10 over Straight Talk, Red Pocket, H20 or Jolt?

Last edited:

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
None of those let you stream though. If you care about music I would advise trying to find a titan 1 ,2 or another HTC WP. They have a sound enhancer app with SRS enhancements that can't be beat.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
i heard about that, something about the MMS not working on non-Samsung phones on prepaid carriers. that Samsung Focus S is starting to look real nice right now, plus I know a dude that'll sell me one for $150

btw CorePC, why did you choose Net 10 over Straight Talk, Red Pocket, H20 or Jolt?

MMS in general is pain to setup on most phone with different carrier's other than what they are branded for in general. Visit Howard Forums ST Section you will see alot more android with the problem than wp users (because I think all of us Wp Users are here at wpcentral).

Net10 I can walk into any store and buy them, versus st which is online or walmart only. The $5 difference between ST and Net10 is really not that much . Considering that would cost me that much in gas to drive to Walmart and back to get a ST card. I can walk 2 blocks to the store and get my net10 card. Has I do not own a credit card.

been net10 users for years and years did not want to lose my phone number..

===========

streaming music if done lighty is okay, heavy data usage in one day will get you throttled or cut off..
tethering is not allowed..2 gig data is limit of data..but it may be carrier dependent AT&T or T-Mobile etc..

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Try Craigslist or Ebay. The Titan II, Focus S, or original Titan should be rather cheap NIB due to the "Smoked" promotion.

Titan and Focus S goes for ~250 USD and Titan II can be had for ~300 USD.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Focus 2 should work if it has access to the wireless manager app, I do not have it yet so I am not sure. Perhaps somebody will chime in and confirm of app is present or not?

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
It's a tough call between the Focus S and Lumia 710, but I'd say its for sure one of those two. Personally, I am not much for Samsung (their devices feel like cheap toys in hand), and love the Nokia exclusive apps, so I'd go for the 710. But if slimness and screen size are your biggest concerns the Focus S would be the way to go.

It's not a tough call really.

If you can afford it, get the Focus S or the Lumia 900 which IIRC is cheaper. If you demand the best smartphone camera you can get, then the Titan II is the best choice.

If you can't, then get the Radar 4G. It has a FFC and a bigger battery than the Lumia 710. Just buy HTC Locations Maps for your Country and you're good to go (also valid for the Titan II).

Duct Tape Panties

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
how many of these phone we mentioned got the lastest update to 8107 I believe is the lastest? Cause now I just read somewhere that AT&T is skipping the latest update or something like that

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss