Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. fisci's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    #2  
    Where are the magical numbers about wp7 beating rim?
    Last edited by djdtox; 06-02-2012 at 12:05 PM.
  2. #3  
    RIM is declining more and more every month, much more so than MS. the MS is still the WM people leaving.
  3. foosball's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    423 Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by djdtox View Post
    Where are the magical numbers about wp7 beating rim?
    That's the problem with just throwing statistics around without understanding them.

    This is the market share percentage report. The report you are referring to is the sales report where WP was beating RIM. At some point greater sales for WP should translate into greater market share and eventually overtake RIM but that threshold has yet to be crossed.
    dumb phone > Palm Pre > Palm Pre+ > HTC Arrive> HTC EVO LTE > No more Windows Phones until WP gets Swype.
  4. tekhna's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    500 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
    RIM is declining more and more every month, much more so than MS. the MS is still the WM people leaving.
    People keep saying that. And yet the last WM phone released I know of was the HD2, which was released in 2009.

    I think more troubling is the fact that a flagship phone in the Lumia 900 couldn't move the needle more than the margin of error.
  5. Laura Knotek's Avatar

    Posts
    17,389 Posts
    Global Posts
    32,936 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    #6  
    Only offering a device on one US carrier doesn't help. Sales should increase once VZW gets new Windows Phones.

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
  6. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tekhna View Post
    People keep saying that. And yet the last WM phone released I know of was the HD2, which was released in 2009.

    I think more troubling is the fact that a flagship phone in the Lumia 900 couldn't move the needle more than the margin of error.
    People keep saying it because it's true and because some still don't or can't understand it. The HD2 was released to T-mobile in march 2010. It's also possible that all the sales figures haven't came in yet, especially since the 900 came out in mid to late April and was selling heavily to mid May. So we need the May results too.
  7. tekhna's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    500 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
    People keep saying it because it's true and because some still don't or can't understand it. The HD2 was released to T-mobile in march 2010. It's also possible that all the sales figures haven't came in yet, especially since the 900 came out in mid to late April and was selling heavily to mid May. So we need the May results too.
    Okey dokey
  8. scottcraft's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,401 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    Only offering a device on one US carrier doesn't help. Sales should increase once VZW gets new Windows Phones.

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    I plan on doing my part when Verizon gets a WP8.

Posting Permissions