Move contact from Live to Gmail

Andrew Griffiths

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I've just got my new Lumia 900 and I'm looking to sort my contact list a bit.

I have it set to only show my Live contacts now, but I have a few stragglers that I dont want to delete (as I may need them at some point), but at the same time I dont really want them cluttering up my list...

Is there any way to move them from Windows Live to Gmail easily within the phone? This would solve my problem as they'd still be searchable, but not shown...

Thanks

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Not that I know of. I believe both services allow you to export / import your contacts through their respective sites.

LowRentTechGuy

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, manually is the only way to move contacts from the two services, though it has be my experience that you will have to do a little fixing once you have imported cause the fields get mixed up most of the time. Unless they have improved it in the last few months.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Thumbs.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like you didn't create a new live account to assign that as the main account in the phone. This causes a mess of messenger contacts to show up in the people hub ,and when new numbers are acquired they are saved to that live account by default so this leaves you with 2 other options:

1) create a new live account,hard reset and sign into that one upon setup.
2) delete all messenger contacts from contacts.live.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3